Back from Quartzite show

RJB

My first real fossil show in 13 years.  I was asked by my buddy to fill his spot to save it for him.  He had an eye problem.  But I wont be doing this again.  Just too much work even though i still had fun.  But I can see now that I wont be going to the quartzite show any more.  Just too much driving.   But I did sell all the so called 'pine cones' from Morocco.  Sold all my theropod teeth.  Sold all kinds of other things and it was great to get rid of so much fossil stuff but what amazed me was that I did not see one single crab!  Sold 22 or 23 the first two years,,, and this trip,,, not a single one!  Oh well, thats how the cookie crumbles.  When I was gettting ready for this trip i was going through yet again more boxes I havent been through in 10 to 12 years or so and kept running into sharks teeth.  Cant belive how many freakin sharks teeth ive accumulated over the years.  Only sold 10 or 11 at the show.  Gunna have to put some here on the forum someday at half price just to get rid of them?  Along with a bunch of other different things too.  Gunna take a few years I think.

RB

DSCN1384.JPG

Great to hear you had a good time, despite the driving involved. I'm sure many of us will be very excited when you post all those forgotten treasures for sale! :popcorn: 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

@RJB  Are you seriously going to tease us like that? Let's get a closer look at all those freakin sharks teeth you have! I for one may be interested. I might be able to scrape up a buck or two.:popcorn:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Gunna have to put some here on the forum someday at half price just to get rid of them?

Should put it to 1/4 price just to be on the safe side:ighappy:

I will be watching for it!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

Should put it to 1/4 price just to be on the safe side:ighappy:

I will be watching for it!

And through a PM just for you right?

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

And through a PM just for you right?

Naturally!:P

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

RJ, glad you were able to help a buddy out while you got to downsize a bit more and hopefully pay for the trip. 

Regards, Chris 

Just give me awile to get to this stuff folks.  Right now Im still a bit under the weather but in good enough shape to do some prepping today.  Ive got two little rocks begging me to undress them.  Oooh la la.  :)

RB

Hi RJB,

Yeah, you never know what's going to sell at a show.  I've had friend, who like you, nearly sold out of something one year so they brought more the next but then almost none of it sold.

I used to go to Quartzsite in the 90's.  Back then, dealers bought there to sell at Tucson.  More dealers there are retail now but I'm sure you can still find some bargains.  It's still a nice place to stop when driving from northern CA to Tucson.

Jess

21 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

@RJB dude, I thought we had a friendship, I thought we were buddies and you go and do this without telling me. There’s gonna be a divorce man, and it’s gonna be messy..... 

Yeah, divorces are messy, but I still love you.  :)

RB

Archived