Is this ammonite real?

Denny1st

Thank you. Then my suspicion was correct.

Yeah, I don't mind a little carving for completion. I just wish it were done better and more true to the form near the center.

20 minutes ago, TimH said:

Thank you. Then my suspicion was correct.

Yeah, I don't mind a little carving for completion. I just wish it were done better and more true to the form near the center.

For sure, and that one is extremely expensive in my opinion. Especially with the carved bits.

Just now, -AnThOnY- said:

For sure, and that one is extremely expensive in my opinion. Especially with the carved bits.

Agreed. I'm looking for an affordable ammonite somewhere close to a foot in length. I have a small, cut, nicely polished, and clearly genuine ammonite (about 4 inches in length). So, I've got a very beautiful specimen - now I'm looking for sheer size. Sure, I wouldn't mind it being beautiful and polished also, but my primary concern is that it is genuine and accurately finished. Of course, price skyrockets as size increases, since there are so many more smaller ammonites.

14 minutes ago, TimH said:

Agreed. I'm looking for an affordable ammonite somewhere close to a foot in length. I have a small, cut, nicely polished, and clearly genuine ammonite (about 4 inches in length). So, I've got a very beautiful specimen - now I'm looking for sheer size. Sure, I wouldn't mind it being beautiful and polished also, but my primary concern is that it is genuine and accurately finished. Of course, price skyrockets as size increases, since there are so many more smaller ammonites.

PM'd you a source