Here's a doozy!

caldigger

These are listed on "the auction site".  Listed as fossil turtle heads from South Dakota. I'm sorry buddy, those are rocks, and not of the permineralized bone variety.

You also get them for the bargain price of $7.99 with free shipping.  I can't get to my wallet fast enough!

20180127_092248.png

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Here's a doozy!
12 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Tidgy is horrified and personally affronted! :eek::eek:

It says turtle not tortoise! No offence to her species.

I've pinched this from another thread on this forum, but you see these for sale everywhere here.

Image result for fossil scorpion morocco

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I don’t know what you are all talking about, this is a legit specimen of fauxcheloniformicus. Here’s a Museum piece:

29C1C7A4-B10C-498E-B377-40B0CB630C6D.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, Bobby Rico said:

@WhodamanHD that is fantastic how much is it. 

You’d have to ask the museum, based on the price of the skull posted by Doren, we are talking in the 10’s here, big money. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

4 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

@WhodamanHD that is fantastic how much is it. 

Only $7.99 with free shipping! Sure, why not. Throw the rest of the skeleton in as a bonus for being such a loyal first time customer.

I also have this photo to contribute. This is fake is especially sad because it’s in a museum (and I think still is). How the staff could be so gullible, I know not.

1DFEBE43-7AE9-4437-BA30-4A202A41D393.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

15 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

I don’t know what you are all talking about, this is a legit specimen of fauxcheloniformicus. Here’s a Museum piece:

I can see the fatal wound that killed it! 

It must be real, you can see the tooth mark of a Junkosaurus in the centre of the skull! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Breaking news, the orbits of this speciemen of Fauxcheloniformicus irreal (niet-echt and Vals, 2018) have been used to find its nocturnal. Interesting species...

923EC4C0-37BD-43CE-B42B-B45EB1338234.png

Happy hunting,

Mason

I wish I could figure out how to play with Photoshop, but then again that may be a dangerous thing for me to know.

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I wish I could figure out how to play with Photoshop, but then again that may be a dangerous thing for me to know.

Scary proportion! I just use an app called brushes redux on my phone. Quicker that way.

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I've pinched this from another thread on this forum, but you see these for sale everywhere here.

Image result for fossil scorpion morocco

I was doing a show and the dealer across the aisle was selling trilobites similar to these. All exactly alike. I was selling real ones and a gentlman that had just bought one of those mass produced cookie cutter items came over to me bragging that he got a real rare one and had haggled the dealer down to only $10. for his.

He wanted me to swing the same deal for him...ah, No!

I should have asked, if these are so rare, why are they all identical and piled up in a box.

Some people just dont see the train xing sign until they step onto the tracks.

9 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I am a digital Artist I use photoshop. If you do stat using it and you won’t some pointer. I am willing to help you. 

2 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I also have this photo to contribute. This is fake is especially sad because it’s in a museum (and I think still is). How the staff could be so gullible, I know not.

1DFEBE43-7AE9-4437-BA30-4A202A41D393.jpeg

I think I recall a thread about this very piece a few years back.  Doesn't it have to be real if it's in a museum?!  Lol

What's with the newsprint backdrop behind It? It must be spectacularly displayed.

I also love the way the mandible  and cranium are one solid piece. Poor devil must have suffered lock jaw something aweful!

I don't think that's newsprint behind it. Looks like a big educational wall poster. Still I wonder what museum this would be in and was it really thought to be real or just an example of the kinds of fake things that are being made? (charitable idea, I know)

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

I don't think that's newsprint behind it. Looks like a big educational wall poster. Still I wonder what museum this would be in and was it really thought to be real or just an example of the kinds of fake things that are being made? (charitable idea, I know)

Herkimer Diamond mines Museum, I sent them an email earlier today, I couldn’t stand it any longer...

And it’s labeled Majungatholus which is a junior synonym to Majungasaurus

Happy hunting,

Mason

Oh ya, the likeness is uncanny!

20180127_184323.png

20180127_184241.png

Which is the real one? They're so alike I cant tell the difference!

7 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Oh ya, the likeness is uncanny!

Which is the real one? They're so alike I cant tell the difference!

You can't fool me! 

It's the same photo! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

Yep, it was a trick!

I just changed the background to throw you off.

I'm so sneaky!

Archived