Blind 1-4-1 fossil or mineral trade

Darktooth

Where on earth do all these packages (and letters ) go for so long?!

Do they sail around the world on a luxury cruiseliner? Get sent into orbit with the hopes they will land in the correct destination without burning up.

Perhaps they get lost traveling in a cargo plane over the Burmuda Triangle.

Whatever the reason, it seems there is a lot of it going on recently. 

If there are so many packages being delayed just in our trading group, think what is going on with the rest of the world.:(

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

9 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Do they sail around the world on a luxury cruiseliner? Get sent into orbit with the hopes they will land in the correct destination without burning up.

If there are so many packages being delayed just in our trading group, think what is going on with the rest of the world.:(

Lord knows....

I recently received a book from the UK that somehow ended up in Canada before it found its way to Holland.

It all gives me a feeling that as soon as you let go of your parcel anything can happen.....

Not a good feeling to have while treding fossils

I haven’t heard from CBOB either...left 2 pm’s asking if he received his trade.  Don’t think he’s been on forum lately.

Postal service is definitely screwy all over...I purchased a bunch of plant fossils from Kentucky that for some reason took a trip to UK before heading my way...

Kinda bummed my trades didn’t make it...they were nice pieces :( 

• I found this Informative 1

13 minutes ago, VTinNorthAB said:

I haven’t heard from CBOB either...left 2 pm’s asking if he received his trade.  Don’t think he’s been on forum lately.

Postal service is definitely screwy all over...I purchased a bunch of plant fossils from Kentucky that for some reason took a trip to UK before heading my way...

Well, I bet they did make it but since there is no confirmation its hard to tell. Sent CBOB a pm 10 days ago but so far no word....

Yours went to the UK before heading for Canada? Mine headed to Canada before arriving banged up in Holland.

There is definately a UK concetion"  here in the postal screw ups

I had a couple things arrive late from the UK and Estonia (in the last month or 2). They were so late the sellers both decided to refund me.. then finally they arrived and now I have to send them the payment again!  Postal clerk said there had been delays at Customs lately.

But this unnecessary-diversion-across-the-Atlantic thing is new to me...

14 hours ago, caldigger said:

I once sent myself a parcel from England to Morocco, cos there wasn't room in my suitcase. 

Got back to Morocco and it hadn't arrived. 

It finally arrived, after all hope was lost, five months later , total six months in the mail, looking like someone had beaten it repeatedly with a sauropod femur

You're right. 

Where on earth had it been?  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

14 hours ago, VTinNorthAB said:

That's the worst thing. 

Not that we don't get our pressies, but that these beautiful, ancient beyond imagination objects are maybe lost forever. :(

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

33 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I once sent myself a parcel from England to Morocco, cos there wasn't room in my suitcase. 

Got back to Morocco and it hadn't arrived. 

It finally arrived, after all hope was lost, five months later , total six months in the mail, looking like someone had beaten it repeatedly with a sauropod femur

You're right. 

Where on earth had it been?  

Hmmmm that means hope for a parcel I sent to Morocco a few months ago that seems to have dissapeared.

5 months....wow

2 minutes ago, Seaforth said:

Hmmmm that means hope for a parcel I sent to Morocco a few months ago that seems to have dissapeared.

5 months....wow

To be fair, our post is usually pretty good. 

I lost a couple of parcels about 11 years ago and then for ten years a good few hundred in and out with few problems, some were late, that one very late, but everything came. 

Now i'm missing two coming in and one going out. 

Something's changed. :(

Though i'm still getting the majority.:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

9 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

To be fair, our post is usually pretty good. 

I lost a couple of parcels about 11 years ago and then for ten years a good few hundred in and out with few problems, some were late, that one very late, but everything came. 

Now i'm missing two coming in and one going out. 

Something's changed. :(

Though i'm still getting the majority.:)

Oh well, it wasnt worth much so no great loss but Always hate things that dissapear for unknown reasons

12 minutes ago, Seaforth said:

Oh well, it wasnt worth much so no great loss but Always hate things that dissapear for unknown reasons

Yeah, it's horrible. 

Millions of years preserved,then discovered and loved, sent to someone else who will treasure it and then lost forever in a stupid postal system. :(

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

What I cannot understand is that I send Priority packages always  because I want the person that is receiving them to get them as fast as possible. But they never get to their destinations at the specified time, not even close, plus the cost to send the item(s), especially overseas is not cheap (Medium Box $67-$75 International). Not only the time discrepancies and the cost, there is the damage that occurs to some of the packages. I sent Adam @Tidgy's Dad a package, it arrived late and damaged. But now switch gears to a package that I received today from China. I ordered it on March 14th and the shipping was Free and the expected delivery date was May 3rd. It came 37 days early and was packed OK, but these 10- (99 cent) membrane frames were not damaged at all - how can this happen and it is not even priority.

IMG_1644.thumb.jpg.8ab416711105323834c7b56756bb28b8.jpgIMG_1645.thumb.jpg.85d92f8bc1fa8dbc2e1cac65a3d0fe5d.jpg

I ordered something from China before and like yours, the delivery date was supposed to be about 6-7 weeks out.

It was on my doorstep in four days including the day it was ordered and it was free shipping as well!

I have also ordered items for like .50 cents with free shipping. We can't even buy the envelope to ship it with for that.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

China is geared heavily toward the export market.. They must subsidize their postal system for that purpose, but I'm not sure.

I can't explain the irregularities in all those other postal systems recently! I can't understand why it should take so long to deliver something. How long does it take Customs to inspect something? As I understand it, they first x-ray all the packages on a conveyor belt, then if something looks fishy, they open it up, take a sample and test it for drugs, and if no drugs, repackage it and send it on. On those border security shows it seems to take minutes. The sniffer dogs probably speed things up pretty well too. So I'm at a loss to explain weeks of delay unless for some reason there's suddenly a labour shortage in a lot of countries!

On 01/03/2018 at 2:13 PM, caldigger said:

20180228_194739.thumb.jpg.7053393dc8b49fe56ed76ab6364ab003.jpg

Stylemys nebrascenis tortoise I believe.

Holy smokes...

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Anyways...

I have a couple packages to send to @Manticocerasman and @Seaforth first before I can consider this...

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

10 hours ago, caldigger said:

I ordered something from China before and like yours, the delivery date was supposed to be about 6-7 weeks out.

It was on my doorstep in four days including the day it was ordered and it was free shipping as well!

I have also ordered items for like .50 cents with free shipping. We can't even buy the envelope to ship it with for that.

It is a bit of luck, too. A lot of those items are put on cargo ships, and if your package is on a full ship ready to set sail, then the package arrives much sooner than the tentative delivery date. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

4 days was not a cargo ship that time around. They must really sell in volume to make any kind of profit or sense for that matter.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Well, what do you know! 

Even i had started to give up hope but today the 1-4-1 gift from the quite marvelous Victoria in Canada finally got here after more than two months in the post! 

i would like to point out this is most unusual and the post here is normally very good, goodness knows what happened to this. 

But it's here, safe and sound! :yay-smiley-1:

A wonderful and most beautiful piece of ammolite ammonite, simply gorgeous! :wub:

Plus a little stand and an awful lot of Canadian maple leaf candies as packing! Sweet bonus. 

(i thought an earlier message said candles! oh, my poor eyeses and the language barrier! Sweets or bonbons I might have understood.;))

Anyway, i was about to place it in a prime position in my 'laboratory/museum' (ahem) when wifey got stroppy and insisted I display it in pride of place in our living room! 

Normally, i'd do what I like (ahem) but today is our anniversary, so i couldn't refuse. :D

Here is this most wonderful and fascinating object, part of the shell of Placenticeras, from Lethbridge, Alberta, and the Kainai Blood Reserve.

It is "aapoak" in the Kainah language which means "small crawling stone".

I am ecstatic! :yay-smiley-1:

Again. 

20180405_182115.thumb.jpg.88ac4ce31059d3d38afb4011a77a3e2b.jpg20180405_182404.thumb.jpg.d44568be3b19734f19be517f21973396.jpg

I can't get good enough photos to show the extent of the wonderful colours in this fossil! 

Doesn't do it justice at all! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

2 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Well, what do you know! 

Even i had started to give up hope but today the 1-4-1 gift from the quite marvelous Victoria in Canada finally got here after more than two months in the post! 

i would like to point out this is most unusual and the post here is normally very good, goodness knows what happened to this. 

But it's here, safe and sound! :yay-smiley-1:

A wonderful and most beautiful piece of ammolite ammonite, simply gorgeous! :wub:

Plus a little stand and an awful lot of Canadian maple leaf candies as packing! Sweet bonus. 

(i thought an earlier message said candles! oh, my poor eyeses and the language barrier! Sweets or bonbons I might have understood.;))

Anyway, i was 

Pics please!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

11 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Pics please!

Stupid  thing posted before I finished! 

(maybe the several flutes of champers were partly to blame.) 

Pics on there now. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

this is great news maybe my gifts to Adam may get there to.

I am a bit more hopeful. 

The two were posted about the same time if i recall correctly! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

It is beautiful!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.