Jump to content
Darktooth

Blind 1-4-1 fossil or mineral trade

Recommended Posts

DatFossilBoy

Hello,

 

I am a amateur fossil collector but I now have a little collection with some good fossils.

I would like if possible to trade you some of my fossils for some of yours (I have cavemen tools,dinosaur teeth,keichousauruses,vertebrae and a hole bunchof stuff.) 

I will soon be posting pictures of my collection aswell as asking people for identifation.

Kind regards,Thoma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
55 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Hello,

 

I am a amateur fossil collector but I now have a little collection with some good fossils.

I would like if possible to trade you some of my fossils for some of yours (I have cavemen tools,dinosaur teeth,keichousauruses,vertebrae and a hole bunchof stuff.) 

I will soon be posting pictures of my collection aswell as asking people for identifation.

Kind regards,Thoma

Welcome and members love to see pictures and help with identifying fossils. Remember to go to the Fossil ID section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
8 hours ago, CBOB said:

Hey @caldigger !  Thanks so much for your sparkly trade item too!  I love the crystals!  And yes, yours is a geode I collected in Hamilton, IL.  I've been going out there once a year for the last few years and what a great time.  So now you have a a famous Keokuk geode of your own.

 

0212181830.thumb.jpg.a06e34b4fbe95d6d8e9468bad25add30.jpg0212181830a.thumb.jpg.951b7bcfb369e802915fc4daf08e5b6b.jpg0212181831_Burst01.jpg.571fc19a6fbbcd3e2b2b62bcb212291e.jpg

 

Gorgeous piece!  @caldigger dolomite with apophyllite inclusions? Or stibnite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB

We came home to a package from the always wonderful @Tidgy's Dad

 

I absolutely love it!  I definitely don’t have a piece of fluorescent fluorite and definitely not one with such history (haha)

 

My 3 year old thought it was “super awesomely cool” to see it glow under UV light.  

 

Thank you so much!! :)

 

((p.s. I hope your trade makes it to you soon))

A75AE5FD-B83E-40EA-84CF-C1A2A539DFD6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darktooth

Very nice! Can you take a picture of it glowing under UV? @VTinNorthAB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
4 hours ago, VTinNorthAB said:

We came home to a package from the always wonderful @Tidgy's Dad

 

I absolutely love it!  I definitely don’t have a piece of fluorescent fluorite and definitely not one with such history (haha)

 

My 3 year old thought it was “super awesomely cool” to see it glow under UV light.  

 

Thank you so much!! :)

 

((p.s. I hope your trade makes it to you soon))

A75AE5FD-B83E-40EA-84CF-C1A2A539DFD6.jpeg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):D

So glad it got there okay. 

It's one of those times where the photo doesn't do due justice to the rich , subtle and varying colours of this specimen. 

My postal outgoings are pretty fast right now

Hmmm; hopefully yours will be here soon, incoming seems much slower for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

Very nice! Can you take a picture of it glowing under UV? @VTinNorthAB

 

First pic is bottom and second pic is top

 

used a UV flashlight 

36186BE4-FD40-4D11-958E-71EA4EDDAD16.jpeg

828B6A4A-690F-4902-B744-07D59F3642D6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):D

So glad it got there okay. 

It's one of those times where the photo doesn't do due justice to the rich , subtle and varying colours of this specimen. 

My postal outgoings are pretty fast right now

Hmmm; hopefully yours will be here soon, incoming seems much slower for some reason. 

 

Oh definitely agree the picture doesn’t do it justice! It has blue and green hues to it that look like it floats below the surface. 

 

When I can figure out what’s wrong with my camera (and not my phone)...I will take a better photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldigger

I have never been able to get photos under UV light. That is pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
1 minute ago, caldigger said:

I have never been able to get photos under UV light. That is pretty cool.

 

I shone the flashlight really high above the crystal and used my phone lol they turned out better than expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldigger

:dinothumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
29 minutes ago, VTinNorthAB said:

 

First pic is bottom and second pic is top

 

used a UV flashlight 

36186BE4-FD40-4D11-958E-71EA4EDDAD16.jpeg

828B6A4A-690F-4902-B744-07D59F3642D6.jpeg

Those are great pics that DO do it justice! 

Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Well, though my trade hasn't got here yet, and I'm sure it will, I'm open to another trade if anyone wants to play with me. 

I doubt I'll be sending flourite again, maybe a fossil this time, maybe not. 

Anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darktooth

Greet pics, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indominus rex

So may I participate in this blind trade? I have some fossils that are quite nice but have no room on my shelf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
7 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

So may I participate in this blind trade? I have some fossils that are quite nice but have no room on my shelf.

Would you like to play with me?:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indominus rex
12 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Would you like to play with me?:)

Oh sure:)  PS I prefer trilobite and vertebrate fossils

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
3 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

Oh sure:)  PS I prefer trilobite and vertebrate fossils

That's not how it works here. It must be a nice piece, no rubbish, but the exchange can be for anything, mineral or fossil. You can't specify. 

i can't guarantee what you say, though may pay attention. 

Still want to play?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indominus rex
10 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

That's not how it works here. It must be a nice piece, no rubbish, but the exchange can be for anything, mineral or fossil. You can't specify. 

i can't guarantee what you say, though may pay attention. 

Still want to play?:D

Sure:D. I have something I think you might like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darktooth
39 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

Sure:D. I have something I think you might like.

As I like to tell my kids" You get what you get and you don't throw a fit".:D

 

After all it is a "Blind Trade".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldigger

Hey Adam, I have some Moroccan stuff you might like. Ha, ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
46 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Hey Adam, I have some Moroccan stuff you might like. Ha, ha

If it comes with :popcorn::popcorn: @Tidgy's Dad might like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Hey Adam, I have some Moroccan stuff you might like. Ha, ha

Hmmm. 

Actually, I sometimes get Moroccan stuff in Spain. Moroccan guy there sells me stuff very cheaply as I'm from Morocco and tell him how his country's doing. Bringing the stuff back home. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
1 hour ago, Nimravis said:

If it comes with :popcorn::popcorn: @Tidgy's Dad might like it.

I prefer peanuts. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
3 hours ago, Darktooth said:

As I like to tell my kids" You get what you get and you don't throw a fit".:D

 

Hahaha I tell my kids the same! “You get what you get and you don’t get upset”. Oddly enough the teachers at my eldest’s school uses it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×