Blind 1-4-1 fossil or mineral trade

Darktooth

42 minutes ago, Seaforth said:

Hi all,

Got me fossil in yesterday.

And a cracking one at that :-)

Don't mention "cracking" and fossils in the same sentence. It scares people!

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

13 hours ago, Darktooth said:

@caldigger you still have that batch of tar and feathers?;)

I had to cheat...its Ralph (Nimravis)! 

Dealing with him is like eating a potato chip, you can't just have one.

At least we still didn't know what we were sending.

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Well unfortunately, the USPS decided to take the box Ralph was sending to me on a tour of California. It has been delayed and sent to lands unknown.

I fully expect it to show up one day with tourist stickers from Yosemite, the Golden Gate Bridge, Sea World, Disneyland and numerous other destinations plastered all over the box.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Hi @Darktooth if there is still trading taking place I like to have a go. I have been sorting my collection out a bit , so I have a nice trading item ready. 

Cheers Bobby

5 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi @Darktooth if there is still trading taking place I like to have a go. I have been sorting my collection out a bit , so I have a nice trading item ready. 

Cheers Bobby

There is no reason for the trades to cease even if Dave declines. These threads were meant as a kick off for others to conduct trades.

I for one started a thread on "Blind Trades" for multiple items and has successfully carried on for several years now.

Would you like to do multi item or single item? I can be your Guinea Pig either way.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Rob, I can go either way. It's up to you which one you want to do.

Are you brave enough to play my world famous Blind Trades (r) game for multiple items or are you wanting to skip around the subject with Dave's spin-off 1-4-1 trade (I should probably get royalties for that!)?

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Thanks for steppinp up Doren. And you are right the trade can go on as long as there are willing participants.  I myself have two trades I am trying to finalize before I get involved in any more. Also I need to obtain more trade material. And I will work on getting you some Royalties.;)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Ok @caldigger sounds like you have called me out for a challenge. I feel confident I can play you at your own game . The word famous blind trade game for multiple items is on.

thanks Doren 

I would love to do 1 or 2 more trades but I’m worried about my current trades....I really dislike the postal service at the moment :(

21 minutes ago, VTinNorthAB said:

I would love to do 1 or 2 more trades but I’m worried about my current trades....I really dislike the postal service at the moment :(

Im still waiting for the USPS to figure out where my 2-day flat rate box is that was sent a week ago. It has been in limbo somewhere in the postal clouds for 3 days supposedly departing Bakersfield just two hours away. They have no information on it except it left Bakersfield three days ago ( Where it shouldn't have gone in the first place!!!).

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

20 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Im still waiting for the USPS to figure out where my 2-day flat rate box is that was sent a week ago. It has been in limbo somewhere in the postal clouds for 3 days supposedly departing Bakersfield just two hours away. They have no information on it except it left Bakersfield three days ago ( Where it shouldn't have gone in the first place!!!).

Seriously!! :(  I’ve received both of mine yet neither of mine have made it there yet.  Starting to worry. 

On 2/25/2018 at 12:28 AM, Nimravis said:

Well I entered into a 1-4-1 fossil trade with @caldigger , Doren, and he accepted. I mailed my package out a day earlier that he did, and his package to me arrived earlier today and the one I sent him is somewhere in the "Postal Zone". I never understand how they guarantee a 2 day delivery with Priority and his package might not arrive until Monday- 6 days later- the tracking message states that it got "Diverted", likely story. But I digressed, now onto what I received from Doren; he sent a very large Crassotrea Titan Oyster from Upper Miocene- Santa Margarita Formation of Coalinga, California.

IMG_0925.thumb.jpg.85653a981c55298b5966e609306b9544.jpg

But Doren, being Doren, he must have run out of bubble wrap to fill the Medium size Priority box, so he filled it with fossils, a geode half and a couple other goodies. Next time, you should try newspaper and then you can hang onto your other fossils. :dinothumb:

A Devonian Crotaiacephalus sp. Trilobite from Hamarlaghad, Morocco.

IMG_0922.thumb.jpg.1e5e9eba93e69a9de79f128b83d99bd4.jpg

A lower Triassic- Olenekian Stage "Australosomus" fish nodule from the Karoo Formation of Anaborana, Madagascar.

A great Hydrophilus sp. beetle from the Pleistocene McKittrick (CA.) tar seeps. This area is near Sharktooth Hill and contains the same type of Fauna found at the famous LaBrea Tar Pits of Los Angeles, California.

And lastly, a nice geode and a DVD on sharks, including Megalodon.

Doren, thanks again, and I know that my package will pale in comparison to what you sent me, but it does contain something that you can work on while watching TV - hope it arrives in tact and soon.

Extraordinary generosity! 

What a splendid gift. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 2/25/2018 at 2:39 PM, Seaforth said:

Hi all,

Got me fossil in yesterday.

And a cracking one at that :-)

Thank you CBOB. Hope mine hits your doormat soon too.

Sent if off a while ago :-)

A beautiful fern! 

That's real quality.:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 2/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, VTinNorthAB said:

Me too. :(

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, PFOOLEY said:

You are welcome...that little gem looks sweet on the snow! 

@minnbuckeye, the buckeyes are for your wife ;), no need to call in the authorities. :)

Thanks so much @PFOOLEY!!! My wife loves them. Here are your buckeyes on display:  

DSC_0648.thumb.JPG.5a0bb62e5deb7aa42dcbef31d5c16d4f.JPGDSC_0647.thumb.JPG.aa32d9bf6f4518f0243dd096e35e3f36.JPG

• I found this Informative 5

Well since my 1-4-1 trading partner posted his end of the trade on here and got me on an early naughty list with darktooth for sending multiple items, I must now do the honors and show what was sent my way.

If you didn't know by my posts of misery, my package got to spend time traveling to the deepest darkest depths of the California postal system.

It was literally in limbo somewhere between Bakersfield and Paso (2 hours away) for four grueling days with no new updated tracking.

I have to say, what Ralph sent me was worth waiting years for.

It's a little tid bit he has had for many years from Scenic, South Dakota. Take a gander...

20180228_194811.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Wow! Is that a turtle shell?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.