Did I make a big foolish with my Keichousaurus? Please help!

Seguidora-de-Isis

4 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Resolved! :yay-smiley-1:

Yesterday, when I was browsing our favorite auction site, I came across this specimen:

I do not know what you think, but I found this specimen beautiful and unlike anything I had ever seen of Keichousaurus in my life!

Through trials and errors, I accidentally discovered that 6% of acetic acid diluted in water in contact with the shale, a strange reaction occurs, that is, acetic acid forms a kind of base, and any powder that sticks to this base becomes solid and at the same time very difficult to remove after the complete drying! So all I did was sanding the back of the fossil to collect dust, then I passed this 6% base of dilute acetic acid in water around the fossil, and then dusting with the aid of a brush was enough. It's actually not quite dry yet, but I think seeing these photos, you all may already have a sense of what it will look like when it's completely dry:

This fossil preparation is not yet ready, I have yet to work hard on it, but for now, I can celebrate!

And perhaps, the most incredible part, is that the calcite veins are still visible! Thank you, everlasting gratitude to all those who tried to help me! :wub:

Result, my friend, result! :)

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png