Calvert Marine Museum Fossil Club?

HoppeHunting

Hi all,

I've been considering applying to the Calvert Marine Museum Fossil Club. It looks like a great place to share your finds and discuss paleontology with other fossil hounds in the area. The club apparently also goes on occasional hunting trips as a group, which would be fun, especially if we could get some special access to typically restricted areas. And as an added bonus, it would probably look really good on college apps. I am just wondering if there's anyone here on the forum who is already a member of the club who would be willing to give me some more info. I'd love to here more about what goes into being a member of the club, exactly what they do at meetings, how the trips work, etc. I just want to know if it would be worth joining, because the distance is not ideal (about 2 hours as opposed to the 1 that it takes me to get to Brownie's), but I'd be willing to make the trip if it's worthwhile. Any information from members would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

The club meets quarterly at the Calvert Marine Museum. Club dues are only $10/year but you also have to be a Museum member as well.

Recently the club hasn't been going on many field trips but the meetings are always a nice place to meet like minded people and share your finds. There is usually a decent showing of new fossils at the meetings. The marine museum paleontologists usually bring out new fossils that have been donated or collected.

You can find all the information, application, and contacts on the page @Gizmo shared.

• I found this Informative 2