This is what I see every morning.

RJB

Im starting to run out of room in my crab display case so i put some on my desk. Quite nice for me.  I do have two guys who want to buy a Tumido from me, but I have a really hard time letting these go.  I seem to fall in love with them while prepping?   :)   And its really hard to get a really good Washington crab.  I guess the collection will just keep on growing.  I dont think i will have a problem with that.  Life is good. 

RB

DSCN1395.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

@xDiamondX,  The two on the left where concretons I bought from New Zealand and prepped out.  The little one on the right is a from Washington that I prepped out ventral.  Ive been doing the crabs for 26 years now.  My most favorite fossils. 

RB

• I found this Informative 1

Most fossil collection are akin to the hydra, you sell/trade one piece, you buy/find/prep another 4. Not that it’s a bad thing :D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Those are well-earned trophies, Ron. You have been out standing in your field.

WELL-DONE-50.gif.a6cd6ba4d73fde2a2917c43bfc4312c3.gif

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

3 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Most fossil collection are akin to the hydra, you sell/trade one piece, you buy/find/prep another 4. Not that it’s a bad thing

Not a bad thing at all.  its just what I do.  Not a bad hobbie if you ask me. 

3 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Those are well-earned trophies, Ron. You have been out standing in your field.

Thank you Pagurus.  You are most kind.

RB

Looks like there is a lot of room for more crabs on that desk.

Don't know why You think You are out of space.

Nice first view You have.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Not a bad thing at all.  its just what I do.  Not a bad hobbie if you ask me. 

And you do it well, some fine pieces you unlock from stone!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

The specimens look like they belong there; an impressive display, though I wonder how you get any work done at that desk. I would spend all of my time staring at them. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. 

I would say "lucky you" but I guess you worked hard for it... so... attaboy!

I agree with ynot... If that were my place I think you'd see more fossils and other things cluttering that desk (though the quality/showiness might not be as great).

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Im starting to run out of room in my crab display case so i put some on my desk. Quite nice for me.  I do have two guys who want to buy a Tumido from me, but I have a really hard time letting these go.  I seem to fall in love with them while prepping?   :)   And its really hard to get a really good Washington crab.  I guess the collection will just keep on growing.  I dont think i will have a problem with that.  Life is good. 

RB

Life is good! 

So are those crabs. :) 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Awesome!

I have a nice fossil fish mounted next to my computer monitor on the wall... not as spectacular as yours though!  I think it is always better to have them somewhere you can see them all the time rather than tucked away.

DSCN0135.JPG

18 hours ago, jpc said:

26 years... geez.. that puts us back to 1992?  I think I first met you online about then, or a few years later.

I think I bumped into you in 1995?  Been awhile. 

14 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Nice decor! Love to have some paperweights like that!

Rather expensive paperweights, but i like them. 

RB