Glue for Egg Shell

HamptonsDoc

Hi Everyone, I just purchased multiple pieces of dino egg shell that all come from a partial single egg the recently shattered and want to try to glue it back together.  There is no matrix and the egg is hollow.  I ordered some PaleoBond PB100X Structural Adhesive, is that all I need?  Any advice?  I've never prepped or reconstructed anything before and figured this may be a fun project!

This sounds like quite the task! Good luck!:popcorn:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

That glue should be adequate.  I spoke with the Paleobond folks at the show and they suggested keeping the glue to the inside edge since it may stain the eggshell if it oozes out.  How thick is the edge?  You don't have much mistake time with this glue so make sure its lined up correctly, it sets pretty fast.

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

That glue should be adequate.  I spoke with the Paleobond folks at the show and they suggested keeping the glue to the inside edge since it may stain the eggshell if it oozes out.  How thick is the edge?  You don't have much mistake time with this glue so make sure its lined up correctly, it sets pretty fast.

Shell is pretty thick, thanks for the advise!