Seguidora-de-Isis

Public Service Announcement/Warning: fake fish fossils - Rhacolepis buccalis!

Tidgy's Dad

Very funny! :)

But I don't think I would have been tempted, my friend from far away. 

Frankly, it looks rubbish. :meganim:

Fossildude19

Unfortunately, an uninformed public can easily fall prey to such poor fakery, where we who are familiar with real fossils would not.  :( 

Thanks for posting this, to inform those who may not know. :) 

Kane

Unfortunately, combatting the fakes market is a losing battle - on par with stopping spam, phishing attempts, and telemarketers. All we can really do is inform those who have doubts and are willing to listen. More often than not, someone selling fakes is not going to have any moral qualms about what they are doing, or they themselves are simply flipping fake stuff they were sold as though they can recoup the loss from an ill-informed purchase. :( 

RJB

The opposite side of this is,,,   Just at this last show in Quartzite I was selling at, a women and her freind were walking by.  The 'misses know it all' was explaining what each fossil was to her freind.  She got to my green river fish and told her freind that those (pointing to one of the fish) were fake and that they come from Morroco.  I COULDNT BELIVE THE IGNORANCE OF THIS WOMEN!!!   I didnt say a word.  I just let her alone to stay ignorant for the rest of her life.  and ive got a ton more. 

RB

aplomado

Do you think these are real fish with paint badly applied?