Ichthyosaur skull question

Andyl

Thanks guys - yeah she is ok. - problems with her hips, several operations and in plaster a lot but still enjoying everything :P

Really great work!

All the best wishes to you and your family.

Jan

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

• 1 month later...

So I’ve finally had the chance to have a small batch of 10 resin copies made :thumbsu:

im just experimenting with paints and finishes at the moment.

i will add some more pics as I progress but here’s one of the plain resin copies straight outta the box.

DFF54B24-3C4F-4689-8CCC-EA77BB5ACD2E.thumb.jpeg.d50640a483b17cef1e372544bc19a30e.jpeg

Thanks guys! 

Im still getting to grips with painting these things - I will post some more photos when Im happy with the results - and Aurelius can pick his favourite :D!

• I found this Informative 1

Hi Andy, the sculpts look amazing. Although my skull here is of a totally different locality and species, maybe you could get some reference from its color and shadows. Keep up the good work man

ich.thumb.jpg.2881bf855eb7b46c731f946ecf7eb6c5.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks guys -your skull doesn’t look very different at all in terms of colour and texture from some of the bone I’ve found down at Charmouth. If I get some time over the weekend I will get some more done and post them :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys - here are the two types painted up in a lighter ivory-esque  finish. It's not something ive not done before so it's taken a bit longer to learn the painting techniques and also to find suitable varnishes to protect them.

blackground1.jpg

blackground3.jpg

blackground5.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Why are they all smiling at me? They look hungry:o. They also look amazing, great job!