Eurypterid

Bone guy

4 hours ago, piranha said:

Here is a quick follow-up for the naysayers.  Check the ebay current and completed 'Eurypterus' listings.

There are a bunch of these Baltic specimens available with better preservation for auction at $7-10 USD.  

Anyone not familiar with these fossils should take the time to get educated before declaring "Fake Fossil".

The crater it is in looked unnatural to me, just must’ve popped up that way. I’m very sorry for making a guess without nessecary knowledge, bad case of the Dunning–Kruger Effect.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

My only input in this subject is there seem to be a lot of reasonable priced items coming from countries like Ukrane. Just pay attention to what the shipping costs are.

Sometimes the shipping is high enough to cover any "low" prices asked for on the item itself and then some.

I have often seen things selling for $10.00, but have a shipping of $80.00 for something relatively small like a tiny gastropod or ammonite. 

All I am saying is keep shipping in mind when seeing these low prices.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Hi,

On 03/02/2018 at 3:37 AM, caldigger said:

How bout I just do a 1-4-1 trade.

What means 1-4-1 ? That reminds me your coded American codes used by your policemen... :headscratch:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Hi,

What means 1-4-1 ? That reminds me your coded American codes used by your policemen... :headscratch:

Coco

un pour un, one specimen for another ;)

On 2/3/2018 at 3:37 AM, WhodamanHD said:

The crater it is in looked unnatural to me, just must’ve popped up that way. I’m very sorry for making a guess without nessecary knowledge, bad case of the Dunning–Kruger Effect.

The specimens I find over here in Denmark often look like that when they have been exposed due to expansion from either freezing or evaporation cycles

• I found this Informative 1

Absolutely real, eurypterid heads are not that uncommon. I probably have hundreds in my garage in much better shape than that.