Bone/coprolite/tooth material found at Aust Cliffs U.K

Guy Macdonald

So these are the before and after of the bone fragment prep process. This material was found at Aust Cliff in the U.K it's from the Triassic. I'd love to get your opinions on what you think it could be, given that it's only a fragment it will be hard to tell. I've not left it in the sun before you ask haha that was just to take a clear picture, don't want it cracking. Thanks guys. I think ichthyosaur/plesiosaur bone fragment as these are some of the most common bones found from there. Plenty of coprolite and micro fossils visible here as well including some teeth. I prepped this myself over the course of an hour, the matrix is nice and soft and easy to get through

IMG_0857.JPG

Try reducing the size of the image to below 1 MB and try again. 

It looks like marine reptile bone, but I can't be more specific than that.

I used to love collecting at Aust, though it was always freezing and blowing a gale. 

Even in the summer.:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Just now, JohnBrewer said:

Pretty sure it’s marine reptile. Looking like a chunkasaurus tho. Try and get as many images up as possible including the ends. :) 

@Tidgy's Dad every time I go to Aust I get sunburnt!

Global warming. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Global warming. :)

Won't be able to get any atm unfortunately will have to tomorrow, chunkasaurus pretty sure that's a heavy metal band haha Could be anyone's guess though many species have been found there even Dino in some cases.

2 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

@Tidgy's Dad every time I go to Aust I get sunburnt!

"You've got to put the lotion on the skin!"

(Buffalo Bill-The Silence of the Lambs)

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG