Interesting Prep Job On This Crab.

micropterus101

I thought this prep job was interesting. The claws are were re-attached but on there opposite sides so they are now upside down haha. Expensive crab to screw up. No restoration lol.

crab

Technically, it's not restored; there are several other words to describe what's been done to it, but not "restored". :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Man they not restored that up bad.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Technically, it's not restored; there are several other words to describe what's been done to it, but not "restored". :P

Technically your right Auspex to restore something is to add something thats missing.

Though also technically he added a left claw where there was a right claw originally and vise versa.

So It could also be said the crab has been restored.

:P

:wacko: Hi all,

Let me give an opinion on this crab, because I know the site of discovery and preparation.

In my humble opinion is a crab rebuilt with parts of three other crabs.

Usually that type of crab is found or complete, including claws and arms, or only parts of it are not articulated.

To understand better, you attached some pictures from my collections.

I hope that my English is understandable. :blush:

Max

post-1008-1249723377_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1249723436_thumb.jpg