Anshunsaurus huangguoshuensis

Crazyhen

Take a look of this amazing Anshunsaurus huangguoshuensis from Guizhou.  It looks genuine though I am not sure if there are parts that are carved.

BCB6ACDC-7CBF-4CDD-B330-E8DDFAC53045.jpeg

Difficult to say with this distant view.  Closer images may obtain more relevant opinions.  Some of the limb bones looks arranged 

• I found this Informative 2

I agree. With this photo from afar it becomes very difficult to make an accurate opinion, but it really does seem to be a composition.

• I found this Informative 1

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

At crazyhen, That's one crazy fossil.!!

And reminds me of something I saw for sale privately about 12 years ago. Very much so ... except the one I saw was a biped creature. And the look of the matrix, the colors, the prep was the same. Even had a wood frame. As if the preparer was the same person that did this one. It's like the repeat scene in a serial mystery case. I remember the piece was for sale privately from a Chinese American. I don't know how it was imported. It was a long time ago and my memory fails me about the details but, it was very expensive. I almost bought it. Like this one, it was very convincing. To this day I still don't know if it was real. 

If you want my personal opinion:

Even if its 100% fake... it's still worth a lot of money as art. And if it's part real and part fake, then it's even more valuable. 

So, again, it may be a mute point to be concerned about whether there are any parts that are carved. If any of it is authentic at all .... then this is a crazy fossil. 

With something like this, don't get hung up on whether some part is carved or restored (a scientist does not care... ) 

Restoration is perfectly acceptable.

Instead, be concerned that any part of this is real...!!! Because... If so, Then at any time you can always treat restoration ... so as to make it identifiable as such. It makes things legit. 

Be concerned if any of it is real. If so? It's a crazy good fossil.... 

One question always perplexes me in a case like this. If someone has the means to be in possession of an extraordinary thing like this, and had no photographic record of its discovery in situ ... its piece by piece removal from the ground, and exhaustive photos of each step of preparation, then I would question how serious that person or persons are. For the value they expect to receive, and this one could fetch big bucks, it just makes sense to provide the evidence that's as easy as keeping a photo record of "process". 

Scientists always do that. They record every step.

It no longer takes a lot of time or money to take photos of process ... even in a developing country. 

12 years ago, there were not a lot of smart phones and I didn't expect this kind of proof. But now, even the poorest people of the world living in bamboo huts have access to some sort of digital device and storage.

where is the so valuable evidence of process?

Thats the lingering question for me. 

Edited by Ginkgojerry
Additional comments

While I don’t have close-ups of this particular fossil, my friend sent me the photos of another specimen which is unprepped.  Looks quite impressive.  

62E8ED11-F132-48FE-98BA-8B926E6C2EB5.jpeg

07087E32-BE46-4CD8-B4D8-C4DCC76359E0.jpeg

ECC73162-ACC4-4CD2-8B0C-68B258164F50.jpeg

E70ABD3C-3E36-4348-8943-A3DC1F9EB94D.jpeg

Yup, I'm impressed too ... this is the way to buy a nice fossil!!

In its original raw pieces. Laid out in just the way they were collected from site. After you receive it you can keep photo diary of it. Recording the entire process from raw pieces and all the way to finished piece. 

The risk taken with raw is, you don't know exactly how well it will turn out but, you know if it does clean up well, you can show process and that adds so much value. Thanks for showing this one.

Edited by Ginkgojerry
Additional information

Oh my God! Awesome indeed! No close-ups are needed to make sure this specimen really is authentic, although it do not be prepared (unprepped). This is a fossil that deserves to be displayed in the best and most flashy spot on the shelf! Congratulations, it's incredible!

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG