Bitten dinosaur egg? Or rock? :)

JaneDaisyCat

Hi all!

I'm glad to find this forum!  I've had this rock since I was little --I always thought it was bitten by a dinosaur, so I was just wondering if anybody might be able to tell if it's just a rock? Thanks! 

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Unfortunately, it's a rock, and not an egg. :( 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

A rock! Wow! Haha, ok, I love rocks...thanks so much. :)

But it really looks like teeth marks in the side!!

Welcome to the Forum my friend JaneDaisyCat.

And, please, accept hugs here from Argentina! :D

It really is not an egg because it does not contain shells and all the morphology that can be identifiable from an egg. Unfortunately it is only an ordinary rock, probably of volcanic origin. So that you can compare and see the big difference, I leave as an example for you, two authentic dinosaur eggs that are deposited in my private collection:

image.thumb.png.f63f36b0a0f3c9011243f6726a20a6a0.png

image.png.88803dec8ff4cd170f3c2037b0a7f5bc.png

• I found this Informative 3

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

@Seguidora-de-Isis

Who knows, a little of @Troodon's glue and Moroccan sand, and this too could be a VERY nice dino egg! Probably get $15k for it at 2019 Tuscon Show!!

:P

Sorry, couldn't help it! :doh!:

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Wow! Those are amAzing! I see what you mean -- lol -- I guess I kinda didn't realize the shell would be so fossilized differently (d'oh!).

Thanks for the welcome and hugs to Argentina from NYC!! 

I *love* your name-- I wrote a surreal novel about how Isis is still in the center of the time spiral.... :)

23 minutes ago, JaneDaisyCat said:

Wow! Those are amAzing! I see what you mean -- lol -- I guess I kinda didn't realize the shell would be so fossilized differently (d'oh!).

Thanks for the welcome and hugs to Argentina from NYC!! 

I *love* your name-- I wrote a surreal novel about how Isis is still in the center of the time spiral.... :)

Oh! Thank you! :wub:

Here at home we belong to the religion of Traditional Kemética, for this reason I adopted this affectionate nickname here in the TFF. May Osiris and Isis bless you always!

Huge hug!:D

03.PNG

18 minutes ago, SailingAlongToo said:

@Seguidora-de-Isis

Who knows, a little of @Troodon's glue and Moroccan sand, and this too could be a VERY nice dino egg! Probably get $15k for it at 2019 Tuscon Show!!

:P

Sorry, couldn't help it! :doh!:

No problem my friend @SailingAlongToo ! I already arranged everything with my friend @Troodon! We will be partners! He will take his molds, sand of Kem Kem and glue, and I for my part, I'll come in with all my professional eloquence at the next Tuscon Show! While my friend @Tidgy's Dad who lives in Morocco will dispatch the "certificates of authenticity"! We'll sell tons of eggs already on the first day!

:hearty-laugh:

• I found this Informative 1

03.PNG

Just now, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

No problem my friend @SailingAlongToo ! I already arranged everything with my friend @Troodon! We will be partners! He will take his molds, sand of Kem Kem and glue, and I for my part, I'll come in with all my professional eloquence at the next Tuscon Show! We'll sell tons of eggs already on the first day!

Let me know if you need help!

The real question, who is going to sort out Certificates and publish the scientific papers? :D I'm sure I can find a good looking PhD certificate on line. B)

Don't know much biology

9 minutes ago, SailingAlongToo said:

Let me know if you need help!

The real question, who is going to sort out Certificates and publish the scientific papers? :D I'm sure I can find a good looking PhD certificate on line. B)

Or we can outsource direct from China! ;)

Troodon and Tidgy's Dad, they must be sleeping right now, and us here putting them in confusion!

03.PNG

7 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Or we can outsource direct from China! ;)

Troodon and Tidgy's Dad, they must be sleeping right now, and us here putting them in confusion!

Im sure, like most good fossil aficionados, they "have people" always watching what is said. They will know as soon as they wake up!! :muahaha:

Don't know much biology

Yup, to quote Charlie Brown on Halloween,

.... "I got a rock"....!!!

btw, you should say where you found it? If you found it in the middle of a big dinosaur fossil then, 

you know what Daisy Cat?

Sometimes ordinary rocks are a type of dinosaur fossil if they came from the tummy of a dinosaur.

True story... they are sometimes found with the dinosaur.

hey, ..., maybe those really are tooth marks .... (kidding)

I know it's very slim hope but,

smile ..... 

Andd.. I don't want to get caught by some members 'trick experiment'

... heheheeee 

that happens too ...

IMG_9603.JPG

3 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Frank is too busy playing in a "Fossil Wonderland" right now to sleep and Adam doesn't seem to sleep at night so I'm pretty sure he's a vampire.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

19 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Frank is too busy playing in a "Fossil Wonderland" right now to sleep and Adam doesn't seem to sleep at night so I'm pretty sure he's a vampire.

My friend @caldigger . Are you from California? Uaaaaaaauuuu :trilosurprise:!

image.png.3b520dbbfbe18f020bf0a4fc5d081146.png

Please send a big hug to Arnold Schwarzenegger and tell him that here in Patagonia, in Argentina we are all fans of him :D! Although the television can freeze sometimes...   :mellow:

image.png.464990e9cd3cd2ab900ac94a2ab03262.png

03.PNG

6 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

No problem my friend @SailingAlongToo ! I already arranged everything with my friend @Troodon! We will be partners! He will take his molds, sand of Kem Kem and glue, and I for my part, I'll come in with all my professional eloquence at the next Tuscon Show! While my friend @Tidgy's Dad who lives in Morocco will dispatch the "certificates of authenticity"! We'll sell tons of eggs already on the first day!

Sounds good to me! We'd make a fortune! Seriously! :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

Image result for vampire fez

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

25 minutes ago, Troodon said:

:ninja: must find a place to hide from this group of fossil lunatics 

I've heard Tucson's a good place to lose yourself in the crowd at this time of year. :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:14 PM, JaneDaisyCat said:

Hi all!

I'm glad to find this forum!  I've had this rock since I was little --I always thought it was bitten by a dinosaur, so I was just wondering if anybody might be able to tell if it's just a rock? Thanks! 

Whole lotta rock. 

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

On 2/7/2018 at 12:23 AM, Ginkgojerry said:

Yup, to quote Charlie Brown on Halloween,

.... "I got a rock"....!!!

btw, you should say where you found it? If you found it in the middle of a big dinosaur fossil then, 

you know what Daisy Cat?

Sometimes ordinary rocks are a type of dinosaur fossil if they came from the tummy of a dinosaur.

True story... they are sometimes found with the dinosaur.

hey, ..., maybe those really are tooth marks .... (kidding)

I know it's very slim hope but,

smile ..... 

Andd.. I don't want to get caught by some members 'trick experiment'

... heheheeee 

that happens too ...

IMG_9603.JPG

Haha Ginkgojerry!!

I got a rock! poor Charlie Brown!!!

but it's ok bc I really do love rocks!! See my tray of special ones?

lol it's still funny to me I thought all these years this one rock might be a dinosaur egg! Now that I see real ones it's pretty funny!! I don't know how those "teeth marks" were made tho..... 

IMG_4865.JPG

1 hour ago, MeargleSchmeargl said:

Whole lotta rock. 

Haha!! I see that now... that's what's soso cook about the Internet...thanks all for your help!!!

6 minutes ago, JaneDaisyCat said:

I don't know how those "teeth marks" were made tho....

The "tooth" marks are where a "softer" mineral/crystal had formed in the metamorphic quartzite

Once it was exposed to the forces of nature (weather and stream) the softer material wore away leaving the depressions.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

1 minute ago, ynot said:

The "tooth" marks are where a "softer" mineral/crystal had formed in the metamorphic quartzite

Once it was exposed to the forces of nature (weather and stream) the softer material wore away leaving the depressions.

Oh wow cool -- that makes sense... so it's just random and it came out looking like teeth marks to me!