Limb? bone Reptilian? Florida

Plantguy

Hoping this isnt too incomplete up to ID. Was in the dugong scrap garage box but I'm pretty sure now it shouldnt have been....Anyone recognize what it actually is and what it belongs to? It has a nice twisted shape to it. 

5a7baf3af217d_PossibleReptilebone3views.thumb.jpg.8670a6cadf0d9eb3d3b15ad4733120bc.jpg

The base is relatively flat and seems to be only very slightly worn. 

5a7baf3bf0cc9_Possiblereptilebonewithbaseandviewofend.thumb.jpg.b9474eb39f83059bc4d4960960c63f7f.jpg

The opposite end seems to have been pretty much sheared off and has an interesting groove remaining that I've circled in red. 

5a7baf3d14659_Possiblereptilebonewithdamagedendandviewofshallowgroove.thumb.jpg.0e17196ba9adeefaa53cc669801855d3.jpg

Thanks for the looks and any info you might be able to provide. Latest thought is that its reptilian, possibly a gator, maybe an ulna? 

Regards, Chris 

On 2/8/2018 at 2:10 AM, D.N.FossilmanLithuania said:

If the age is Cenozoic, it is definitely a crocodile. :)

Thanks for the look and feedback. I think it is late Cenozoic, hard to tell whether Miocene, Plio or Pleistocene, much of these deposits are reworked...my guess is Miocene...We had both crocs and gators during those times. When you say 'definitely crocodile' are you describing the general crocodilian form or saying croc and you are excluding alligator? 

Thanks again. 

Regards, Chris 

I wanted to say it is croc, it is quite difficult to separate crocodile bones from alligator. :)

Best Regards

Domas 

But judging by the size it is more crocodile like because this bone is very big... :)

Archived