Looking for BIG Pectens, Conus

Damjan

Im looking some nice , big, common fossils from miocene period like Pectens, Conus....  something similar like you can see from photos. 

DSC04002.JPG

Chlymis-Clyp. SLO.JPG

13 minutes ago, Kane said:

Are these items above the ones you are offering in trade?

No! If someone have interest I Will send photos private!

Oh, it isn't for me (I don't have much of that material). I was more thinking of other members who might appreciate some guidance on what you are willing to offer in return. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I’ve got some big Miocene chesapectans nefrens, PM me if you want some. Also have some decent sized Venus clams and such.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Here’s some I have, I’ve got quite a few, heck, I can go out and find some more (they aren’t usually my target but I could look for some better ones). Ruler in inches by the way. Would you prefer bottom valves (curved) or top valves (flatter)? Also have some turritella snails, and big turritella steinkerns

96399FE6-DD56-4A50-8E58-C809FB2D9748.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I have some big Pectins I would trade also.

Plio- Chesapecten middlesexinsus- interior.JPG

Plio-Chesapecten madisonius-exterior.JPG

Plio-Chesapecten nefrens- exterior.JPG

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Hi to all!

I think you all send me photos of pectens from USA. I put photo of my specimens from USA and you see what I already have maybe its easy...

fos.pliocen Italy (21).JPG

I am surprised non of our many Texas members haven't piped up. They have some pretty huge gastropods and other shells from what I've seen.

I could send you an oyster shell, but they are exceedingly heavy and very costly to ship overseas.

Caldigger,

There are some nice gastros here in Texas, personally Ive only found 2 that I consider "big", I´ll attach some pictures a bit later

Archived