Lepidotes Fish in Kem Kem?

Seguidora-de-Isis

1 hour ago, Haravex said:

.... the Ifezouane formation and I personally have never seen one in the aferous (spelling on this?) that is normally filled with...

Aoufous formation.

What we really need though, is a thorough study on which types of animals exist in which formation of the Kem Kem beds.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

• 3 years later...
On 2/12/2018 at 4:09 PM, Haravex said:

Sorry only just seen this yes this would from the paper appear to be Lepidotes .sp there are a few i have that are very similar and some that are slightly similar maybe a possibility of two from the area I can also confirm that most of these are from the upper level of the kem kem beds also known (I think) as the Ifezouane formation and I personally have never seen one in the aferous (spelling on this?) that is normally filled with Arganodus tiguidiensis and Obaichthys africanus Not saying they don't exist in this formation but based upon what i have found and what i see the Berber miners retrieving.

The nominal species Lepidotes pankowskii was assigned to a new genus, Adrianaichthys, by Meunier et al. (2016). Therefore, Lepidotes does not occur in the Kem Kem Group, and everyone should note that López-Arbarello (2012) restricts Lepidotes to the Toarcian stage of the Early Jurassic.

F.J. Meunier; R.-P. Eustache, D. Dutheil; L. Cavin, 2016. Histology of ganoid scales from the early Late Cretaceous of the Kem Kem beds, SE Morocco: systematic and evolutionary implications. Cybium 40 (2): 121–132. doi:10.26028/cybium/2016-402-003. 

López-Arbarello, A. (2012). Phylogenetic Interrelationships of Ginglymodian Fishes (Actinopterygii: Neopterygii). PLoS One 7(7): e39370. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0039370