Ornitholestes hermanni

Cloud the Dinosaur King

An Ornitholestes hermanni traced off of Scott Hartman's skeletal. The feathering is very dromaeosaurid in appearance. I have a lot of artwork like this for my Field Guide to Mesozoic Reptiles. I hope you guys like it. If you have any species suggestions, let me know.

IMG_0916.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Looks good!

If you'll allow me to give you some criticism, the only thing I would still work on a bit is the coloring of the body. You can still see, especially in the green part, the traces of how you colored with your pencil. What I would do is simply go over it again with the same color pencil, but work more diligently and slowly, so that the "lines" don't become visible any more. Just my small advice of course :)

Best thing is that you seem to have gotten the shape and proportions right, and that is (for me at least) the hardest part! So well done!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

1 hour ago, Max-fossils said:

Looks good!

If you'll allow me to give you some criticism, the only thing I would still work on a bit is the coloring of the body. You can still see, especially in the green part, the traces of how you colored with your pencil. What I would do is simply go over it again with the same color pencil, but work more diligently and slowly, so that the "lines" don't become visible any more. Just my small advice of course :)

Thanks for the advice, I will take that into account. :dinosmile:

20 minutes ago, Cloud the Dinosaur King said:

Thanks for the advice, I will take that into account. :dinosmile:

:dinothumb:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils