Jump to content
Cloud the Dinosaur King

Sponge or Coral?

Recommended Posts

Cloud the Dinosaur King

At first I thought this one was a rock, but looking at it closer it looks like it could either be a coral or a sponge, or a rock with holes in it. You guy know what it is?

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane

First instinct was correct: a rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ynot
3 minutes ago, Cloud the Dinosaur King said:

or a rock with holes in it.

I'll go with this one.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloud the Dinosaur King
Just now, ynot said:

I'll go with this one.:D

Okay. It did look like it to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

This is a the rare fossilized politician. Life illustration:

549E5FFE-43F5-44EB-96CB-197D272F5E7A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloud the Dinosaur King
8 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

This is a the rare fossilized politician. Life illustration:

Wow! This must be worth thousands of dollars!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD
2 minutes ago, Cloud the Dinosaur King said:

Wow! This must be worth thousands of dollars!!!!!!!

It’s said only 45 of this type ever existed, all dating from 1776 AD- 2018 AD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloud the Dinosaur King
3 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

It’s said only 45 of this type ever existed, all dating from 1776 AD- 2018 AD

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dinothumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coco
7 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

It’s said only 45 of this type ever existed, all dating from 1776 AD- 2018 AD

What means "AD" ? :headscratch:

 

Coco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane
4 minutes ago, Coco said:

What means "AD" ? :headscratch:

 

Coco

Anno Domini (en Francais, "après Jésus")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coco

In the year ?

 

Coco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane
Just now, Coco said:

In the year ?

 

Coco

"the year of the lord." There are not a lot of options in French to secularize the term. It is common to say avant (ou après) J-C. Or, 1776 "de notre ère." In English, the secular form would be simply to state the date ("1776") or if before year "0", BCE (before the common era). 

 

Adding "AD" is considered superfluous in this case, but Whodaman is trying to make "un jeste" ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD
12 minutes ago, Coco said:

What means "AD" ? :headscratch:

 

Coco

People use CE now for Current Era, just denotes how many years after year zero, which is approximately when Jesus was born (right now 2,018 years). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane
17 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

People use CE now for Current Era, just denotes how many years after year zero, which is approximately when Jesus was born (right now 2,018 years). 

And, if you wanted to confuse the matter further, historical dating before 1752 takes some configuration given that England was the last in Europe to make the transition from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. It meant that, in 1752 ("The Calendar Act"), 11 days were omitted from September (although Scotland had already adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1600, so confusion on the island with two different dates for every event!). In England in 1752, September 2nd was followed by the 14th. :headscratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fifbrindacier
2 hours ago, Kane said:

And, if you wanted to confuse the matter further, historical dating before 1752 takes some configuration given that England was the last in Europe to make the transition from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. It meant that, in 1752 ("The Calendar Act"), 11 days were omitted from September (although Scotland had already adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1600, so confusion on the island with two different dates for every event!). In England in 1752, September 2nd was followed by the 14th. :headscratch:

Ah, the United Kingdom !:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fifbrindacier
10 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

This is a the rare fossilized politician. Life illustration:

549E5FFE-43F5-44EB-96CB-197D272F5E7A.jpeg

I didn't know Bart Simpson was a politician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloud the Dinosaur King
5 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

I didn't know Bart Simpson was a politician.

The more you know. :dinosmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abyssunder

It looks like a pebble with Pholadid borings ( Gastrochaenolites isp.).

 

IMG_1016.JPG.772107d5bf9794bf4d9644c844fd60d1.JPG.4d66ca9aa4be083a28d0db28f9803bee.JPGart05-figura03.jpg.e8117003b399e5cc0d19e0baa872bdef.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloud the Dinosaur King
47 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

It looks like a pebble with Pholadid borings ( Gastrochaenolites isp.).

Cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane

Thank you, Abyssunder. :dinothumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD
8 hours ago, Kane said:

And, if you wanted to confuse the matter further, historical dating before 1752 takes some configuration given that England was the last in Europe to make the transition from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. It meant that, in 1752 ("The Calendar Act"), 11 days were omitted from September (although Scotland had already adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1600, so confusion on the island with two different dates for every event!). In England in 1752, September 2nd was followed by the 14th. :headscratch:

Yeah, time has a confusing history to say then least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD
5 hours ago, fifbrindacier said:

I didn't know Bart Simpson was a politician.

 Bart Simpson probably gets a few thousand write-ins every election, he will get in office someday!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fifbrindacier
4 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

 Bart Simpson probably gets a few thousand write-ins every election, he will get in office someday!:P

Yes, he surely will have a best result than D. Duck.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×