Chicago pens...

Crann

Hi preppers... I have the ST Mannion pen, I want something more aggressive, Kens TT is an option but... are the Chicago one's worth getting to save the pennies ? Same pen I believe but tweaked, where is the cheapest place to buy ? Only available in the US ? Delivery ? Import tax ? So many questions such little time, thanks.

Have you searched the threads here? There is definitely a lot here on CP pens.

It will also depend on what sort of material you will be prepping. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I use a stock CP 9361 for my more aggressive matrix removal. I got it from Amazon for under $300 USD. It's loud, aggressive, and will make your fingers go numb but it will rip through some rock.

25 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I use a stock CP 9361 for my more aggressive matrix removal. I got it from Amazon for under $300 USD. It's loud, aggressive, and will make your fingers go numb but it will rip through some rock.

Did you just change the stylus ? Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Crann said:

Did you just change the stylus ? Thanks.

I use the stylus that came with the pen. It is a bit on the blunt side so is no good for anything but bulk matrix removal.

Eventually, when the stylus wears out, I'm going to change the front end to accept Paleo Tools styli. That conversion is around $70.

• I found this Informative 2

1 minute ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I use the stylus that came with the pen. It is a bit on the blunt side so is no good for anything but bulk matrix removal.

Eventually, when the stylus wears out, I'm going to change the front end to accept Paleo Tools styli. That conversion is around $70.

Thanks

What Ptychodus has said, but I do use the ME9100 almost exclusively and I use the Paleo Tools Super Jack for bulk removal.  Works for me but a bit expensive.

RB

56 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Hi Ptychodus. Is there a conversion kit for this and/or a thread that explains how?

There is a conversion kit from Paleo Tools. It comes with the required front end hardware to accept the Paleo Tools stylus. I think the whole thing including stylus is around $70.

Talk to Brook @ Paleo Tools. She’s the GM and is extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

There is a conversion kit from Paleo Tools. It comes with the required front end hardware to accept the Paleo Tools stylus. I think the whole thing including stylus is around $70.

Talk to Brook @ Paleo Tools. She’s the GM and is extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Thank you. I will do that.

• 4 weeks later...