Dactylioceras & Fossil Tree stump

Crann

Hi, Dactylioceras I have had a while after prepping it, it is pyrite so was a bit stubborn, pretty big Dac though, the monkey puzzle stump is a recent find and is laced with jet, makes a nice stand for the Ammonite or whatever I decide to put on next, wanted to share, thanks, Alan.

20180215_115207.jpg

I try to incorporate natural bases into my displays whenever possible. I've used driftwood, stones, old barn wood, even other fossils.

Here is a sperm whale sculpture my sister made for me many years ago. Originally she gave it to me on a driftwood base. 

Unfortunately, it fell off the shelf during one of our famous earthquakes and broke the tale. Years later when I started going to Shark Tooth Hill, I replaced the lightweight base with a very heavy chunk of whale vertebrae. Ain't nothing going to move that baby now, It weighs a ton.

20180218_083732.jpg

Just for perspective, the vert is 6" across.

14 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I try to incorporate natural bases into my displays whenever possible. I've used driftwood, stones, old barn wood, even other fossils.

Here is a sperm whale sculpture my sister made for me many years ago. Originally she gave it to me on a driftwood base. 

Unfortunately, it fell off the shelf during one of our famous earthquakes and broke the tale. Years later when I started going to Shark Tooth Hill, I replaced the lightweight base with a very heavy chunk of whale vertebrae. Ain't nothing going to move that baby now, It weighs a ton.

20180218_083732.jpg

Just for perspective, the vert is 6" across.

That is pretty cool, unique with It's own little story.

Archived