Hello! Later this year I'm planning on moving from Florida back to New England. I was hoping to make the voyage into an interesting road trip... I've heard of several places in the Eastern half of the US where you can dig your own fossils. I know that there are some places in Georgia and the Carolinas that are good to find Megalodon teeth, and some places in the northern US that are good for finding trilobites... I'm up for anything interesting and was looking for suggestions on exact places, tour companies, people, anything that you can offer that might extend my collection on the trip!

1 hour ago, Awolartist said:

Hello! Later this year I'm planning on moving from Florida back to New England. I was hoping to make the voyage into an interesting road trip... I've heard of several places in the Eastern half of the US where you can dig your own fossils. I know that there are some places in Georgia and the Carolinas that are good to find Megalodon teeth, and some places in the northern US that are good for finding trilobites... I'm up for anything interesting and was looking for suggestions on exact places, tour companies, people, anything that you can offer that might extend my collection on the trip!

Chatsworth GA has some really nice creepy crawlers from the Cambrian! :trilo:

Conasauga Formation. Here is my most recent 4th trip there:

• I found this Informative 1

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

You forgot Maryland! Pm sent:D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Central New York has several locations for Devonian fossils including Trilobites. If you are interested let me know by pm. Depending on the dates I may be available to hunt with you.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

When it gets closer to that time contact me and we can try to work something out. I have fossilhunted with other members of this forum in the past and am always open to meeting up with others.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

A stop at Big Brook in New Jersey might be worth your while.  If you do a search for Big Brook and fossils you'll find plenty of information. Search here on the forum too. It's an easy place to get to, and a pleasant place to collect in July or August.

Welcome back to New England!

Mike in Massachusetts

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.