Cliche classic is it real keich

Haravex

More photos of a typical cave from where the Keichs are coming from.  I also got a short video but it couldn’t be played when I upload it.

D2F3A074-2FE3-4F79-B537-967F57BCF9B4.jpeg

DED34D2D-B534-45D2-BF4F-9EA83C44ECBC.jpeg

1D384DE0-078D-4216-8527-3BED21A2C9F4.jpeg

6652E6AF-62F3-4AAD-AB83-65C40E4DD05C.jpeg

• I found this Informative 8

1 hour ago, Crazyhen said:

More photos of a typical cave from where the Keichs are coming from.  I also got a short video but it couldn’t be played when I upload it...

Their presence here at TFF, in addition to being super welcome, is still invaluable in helping us to better understand how our beloved keichousaurus are discovered.

Once again thank you for posting these rare photos to the western world my friend Crazyhen! The shale is very fragile, so I imagine the great courage to work under a roof that can collapse at any moment. From this moment, I will give even more value to my keichousaurus, for even if my specimen is so beautiful and so appreciated by me, it certainly is not worth a human life.

Note: It's a shame that here at TFF there is no mega informative  button! :o :D

• I found this Informative 1

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

15 hours ago, -Andy- said:

They are composed of shale.

This is what happened to my composite Keichousaurus after a water bath + acetone scrub

post-4888-0-11432600-1402242500.thumb.jpg.33add43979450c6d27690e1743875189.jpg

My friend -Andy-.  I must confess that I have looked at your plate a thousand times, but I feel like looking at it at least a thousand times again! It's truly amazing how far human creativity can come, and at the same time scary to us, fossil collectors. I just imagining about your facial expressions when you finished scrubbing with acetone. It gives me shivers to imagine that this could happen to me! :o :(

By the way my friend @-Andy-, this kind of shiny varnish that covers the body was already there, or was it you?

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Thanks to Seguidora-de-Isis for your caring words to the fossil collectors in Guizhou.  Villagers at Guizhou are digging up fossils from the small caves carefully by using simple cutting tools or handheld machines.  The working environment is not very good, without good ventilation and the working space is very small, but it’s generally quite safe.

• I found this Informative 2

4 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

My friend -Andy-.  I must confess that I have looked at your plate a thousand times, but I feel like looking at it at least a thousand times again! It's truly amazing how far human creativity can come, and at the same time scary to us, fossil collectors. I just imagining about your facial expressions when you finished scrubbing with acetone. It gives me shivers to imagine that this could happen to me! :o :(

By the way my friend @-Andy-, this kind of shiny varnish that covers the body was already there, or was it you?

My facial expression was that of my mouth saying #@$&^@$

It's shiny as it was still wet. No varnish.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

The unprepped Keichs are mainly of two types, the ‘naturally clear form’ and the ‘covered form’.  The former shows a clear Keichs after splitting the slabs, the latter is still covered by  shale.  The natural form is more expensive and sold direct. The covered form is usually prepped by manual prepping or acid prepping, depending on the hardness of the slabs, before selling.  Not many people would buy the covered form ad it’d be difficult for them to prep it.

• I found this Informative 2

18 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

Here is where the keichs come from.

Wow!  Fantastic photo's.  Im one of those scardy cats who would no way in H E double tooth picks go in that cave!!! 

On 2/19/2018 at 5:05 AM, Aurelius said:

Amazing photos, I've never seen that area before. It's such a shame it's hard for us to get unprepared Keichousaurs. 

They show up on ebay sometimes.   I think there is one right now.

9 minutes ago, aplomado said:

They show up on ebay sometimes.   I think there is one right now.

Yes there is a baby one that is unprepared for under 60 dollars, not a bad deal.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

4 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

Yes there is a baby one that is unprepared for under 60 dollars, not a bad deal.

Yes, and an adult one too.

On 2/19/2018 at 1:16 AM, Crazyhen said:

Thanks to Seguidora-de-Isis for your caring words to the fossil collectors in Guizhou.  Villagers at Guizhou are digging up fossils from the small caves carefully by using simple cutting tools or handheld machines.  The working environment is not very good, without good ventilation and the working space is very small, but it’s generally quite safe.

It's the same working conditions in Morocco,  crude tools but can be dangerous.  It does provide a living for their families and that is very important.

• I found this Informative 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 19.2.2018 at 4:42 AM, Crazyhen said:

More photos of a typical cave from where the Keichs are coming from.  I also got a short video but it couldn’t be played when I upload it.

D2F3A074-2FE3-4F79-B537-967F57BCF9B4.jpeg

DED34D2D-B534-45D2-BF4F-9EA83C44ECBC.jpeg

1D384DE0-078D-4216-8527-3BED21A2C9F4.jpeg

6652E6AF-62F3-4AAD-AB83-65C40E4DD05C.jpeg

Would you be so nice to send me more pictures and the video of this site per E mail. Please