Unidentified Vertebra, Manatee?

RyanDye

So, I bought this vertebra at a thrift store awhile back, the owner claimed it was found in one of many underwater dives where he would regularly receive fossils from. I'm not sure as to the exact location unfortunately or I would provide more info; with that being said, I don't expect a clear ID. It was definitely found in Florida the owner also said he thought it was a Manatee, but his memory was failing him as he also said which is why I've asked for an ID in the first place. 

Here are some photos I took, if some more are needed I will try to add more relatively soon.

Thanks in advance!

20180218_142140-min.jpg

20180218_142057-min.jpg

20180218_142029-min.jpg

20180218_142001-min.jpg

rydysig.JPG

• RyanDye changed the title to Unidentified Vertebra, Manatee?

I can say that it doesn’t like any sirenian verts that I’ve seen, perhaps a pelvic element of something? 

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

I can say that it doesn’t like any sirenian verts that I’ve seen, perhaps a pelvic element of something? 

I never thought of that, thanks that helps me out alot.

rydysig.JPG

Forgot to tag him before, @Harry Pristis any ideas?

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason