Hunting for eggs

roro909

Hi my name is Roanne.New to this site.I recently hiked out here in northern Arizona where a freiind of mine told me they found fossil eggs. I did come by a spot where it looks like the so called eggs got washed down the mountain. We are talking more than one size egg here. Arizona's climate is quite different than other parts of the us. I find tons of petrified wood all over my yard.,in every color you can imagine and so much different types of rocks and minerals all in one location.When we flooded way back when dinos roamed the earth, wouldnt they have gone to the highest points to live and lay there eggs. So why couldnt these possibly be from way back than.? I did crack a few of them open and definetly looks like something was there.

Edited by roro909

From your description it sounds like these could possibly be concretions. Please post some photos and we may be able to help. I’m not too sure I’m following your point about a “flood”, could you elaborate further?

• I found this Informative 1

roro909...

Welcome to The Fossil Forum!  We're glad you joined us!  Arizona does have a pretty varied fossil record but, like Kosmoceras, I have a sneaking suspicion that what you're finding are probably concretions.  That's not to say that they couldn't be eggs but it is unlikely.

@Kosmoceras...I have a feeling that roro909 is referring to the Western Interior Seaway that covered much of the central United States (including Arizona) from the mid-Cretaceous through the early Paleocene.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

2 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

@Kosmoceras...I have a feeling that roro909 is referring to the Western Interior Seaway that covered much of the central United States (including Arizona) from the mid-Cretaceous through the early Paleocene.

-Joe

Thank you

We do need to see pictures to identify eggs.  And especially close-ups of the texture.  But I am with the others... I suspect concretions.  And those high areas you mention were not high spots when the dinosaurs were here some 65 to 200 million years ago,.  The area has changed more than is easily imagined.