Purse State Park // 2/18

Williamb55

Had a busy weekend after visiting Brownies Beach on Saturday 2/17 and then back on the beach at Purse SP on Sunday 2/18. Nothing spectacular from this trip, but was able to find a decent Otodus kicking in the wash which is always a good day for me. While sitting on a chunk of cliff-fall as I was eating lunch I found 5 teeth sticking out of the matrix and they were SHARP! I need help to ID the blade I found. It was sticking out of the formation and is fossilized. I don't believe it is from a shark due to the symmetry, but it looks like it may be some sort of fish tooth of sawfish rostrum. Lots of broken sandtigers to be found and the bald eagles were enjoying the warm weather. Once the wind died down it was beautiful outside and the beach was packed with visitors as my friend and I left with our bags of goodies. :D u

x.jpg

xx.PNGxxx.PNGxxxx.thumb.JPG.810e08d292da8a280a1b5cc7b1ae75eb.JPGxxxxx.thumb.PNG.eb7918a1140ba6a43d626eb382d949a7.PNGID?

xxxxxxxxx.PNGlove how perfect the cusps are on this micro

• I found this Informative 1

Very nice bunch of teeth.:)

Though i doubt i'll be joining you any time soon, sadly. ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

So many sand tigers! Nice haul! :meg:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Purse never fails to yield some great finds. You got some killer Sand Tigers, and that Otodus is a beauty. Shame its tip is dinged. Those small conical teeth are crocodile teeth. I just found my first one on the same day 02/18 at Brownie's! Congrats on a successful day on the river. Hoppe hunting!

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~