Fossil Egg??

MichellePonds

Going through my river rocks from the Lower Hunter Valley, Australia. I found this one 3/4 of a toothbrush in length approx 15cm. It looked different to all the others so I cracked it open into 3 large sections thinking it would have crystallisation inside only. Have not cleaned it or done any work on it at all as yet, opinions very appreciated if it's anything worth further work, Many Thanks from DownUnder :) 

42BF6447-2155-4A53-A1E1-D2B749F7FEDE.jpeg

2F9C63C1-310B-4FB9-9715-24F994131BCF.jpeg

597575D8-42B3-4E7D-872A-B438B77ADD7B.jpeg

657FDACE-D29A-4296-8478-09EEEE21EFE7.jpeg

F23CC755-3EF4-4B51-8446-A12707AB720A.jpeg

It looks like it’s got a few veins in it, sliced and polished might make a good bookend. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, MichellePonds said:

Veins? Also detaied pics are only 1 top section of entire. 

Oh, I thought this was the whole piece. Anyway, veins of crystalline material (calcite or some silicate maybe?). Polished up it may look nice and cracked, like a septerian nodule almost (though I don’t think that’s what this is).

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Haha, I missed the title. This is a rock, no definite eggshell with bumps and/or pores.

Happy hunting,

Mason