Possible Poop From Brownie's Beach

Littlefoot

I can see what Plax and sixgill pete are saying about the whirls. Looking at the pattern of whirls in my fossil, it starts out really small and tight, then expands to a large size. The Ecphora seem to have a "looser" spiral at the top.

I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but I hate leaving a mystery behind. I was actually thinking that the shape reminds me of a modern-day snail shell, so I went looking around and stumbled upon moon snails. Could this possibly be a very worn steinkern of a moon snail?

Citing materials from elsewhere on this site:

2 hours ago, Littlefoot said:

I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but I hate leaving a mystery behind

Please do, mysteries must be solved (btw to everyone else I’m not set on Ecphora, just would like some more reasons as to why it’s not). 

Thats a different formation but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they were at Brownies in the Calvert formation (I’ve never seen one there but I haven’t visited that many times). So that’s a possible candidate.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

The remnant of an infilled with sediment, totally eroded Ecphora (with the outer calcitic and the inner aragonitic layer) might have distinguishing crenate margin running along the coiling, in a manner that the material below the costae should stick out a little from the general curving relief, at least in the aperture region. I don't know how it goes deeper, because I haven't seen an Ecphora cutted longitudinaly along the axis.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library