Green Leaf, Red Pollen in Amber?

jimmyblanco1976

Hi Its Jimmy

Can anyone tell me is it possible for red pollen and green leaves to be preserved in amber?  Here are the pics I took today.  Any comments are much appreciated.  I guess I am wondering if it still has color perhaps it still could have DNA? 

Jimmy

PICT0005 (2).jpg

PICT0023 (2).jpg

PICT0024 (2).jpg

Pollen in Amber.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

I couldn't say, but very interesting pictures! You might also say something about the scale of the pieces here.

If, as you say, you took those pictures today, you might have to adjust your camera date/time settings... Unless you really are posting from December 1, 2017 :P:D 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I am not an amber expert by any means, but the I'm not actually seeing any inclusions. I think you just have a multicolored amber. Here is what I believe to be an amber filled burrow that I found in the Hell Creek Formation in North Dakota. As you can see, the amber is coloration is very similar to yours. It was in a very iron-rich matrix along with metasequoia cones.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I think what looks like a green leaf is actually an internal fracture that shows green when the light hits it.

Amber-Seed-Burrow.jpg

Amber-Seed-Burrow-Section.jpg

10 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

I am not an amber expert by any means, but the I'm not actually seeing any inclusions. I think you just have a multicolored amber. Here is what I believe to be an amber filled burrow that I found in the Hell Creek Formation in North Dakota. As you can see, the amber is coloration is very similar to yours. It was in a very iron-rich matrix along with metasequoia cones.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I think what looks like a green leaf is actually an internal fracture that shows green when the light hits it.

Amber-Seed-Burrow.jpg

Amber-Seed-Burrow-Section.jpg

Just a thought, Lori. Rather than a burrow I think this is a drip. You often see amber in drips, drops, or even "stalactites" reflecting the form when it was still fluid.

On 2/21/2018 at 8:11 AM, Carl said:

Just a thought, Lori. Rather than a burrow I think this is a drip. You often see amber in drips, drops, or even "stalactites" reflecting the form when it was still fluid.

I didn't even think of that, You probably know a lot more about this than I do. I thought burrows because there were several, a with a consistent width and this super awesome burrow from something like a bark beetle was found there too. Sorry @jimmyblanco1976 - I didn't mean to hijack your thread :blush:

Amber Burrows.jpg

Ichnofossil-invertebrate-feeding-trace-wood-small.jpg

• I found this Informative 1