Pfossils

I have recently found quite a few fossils from the Paleozoic era, first period. My question is how do I go about having my fossils authenticated? Thanks whoever takes the time to help, as I am new to this kinda thing 

Hello, and a very warm welcome to the Fossil Forum from Morocco! :)

You mean identified? If you found them yourself they should be authentic unless you mean you're not sure if they're fossils ? 

To check you can take them to a museum, look at guide books to the fossils from your area or, best of all, post photos and as much detail of the specimens as you can here, and there will probably be someone who can give you information on your finds. 

If they are Cambrian, then we'd all be delighted to see them. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Try posting them here on the ID section like Tidgy's Dads said with good photos from all angles and a scale.... locality is very important to include.   

Welcome to The Fossil Forum!  As Tidgy's Dad and Troodon have already mentioned, if you can post clear, well-focused pictures of your finds, somebody here will likely be able to give you a good start on identifying your fossils.  General information about where they were collected (not asking you to give away your top-secret locale) will also be very helpful.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

As Tidgy's Dad, Troodon, and Fruitbat have mentioned (lets keep the chain going), some good focused shots from many different sides of your finds would be of good help to try and get these things IDed.

22 hours ago, caldigger said:

As Tidgy's Dad, Troodon,  Fruitbat and caldigger have said... post some pix here.  See the previous posts for a few guidelines so that we can be helpful.  

Polinices rectilabrum is Euspira rectilabrum Conrad 1858 (moon snail), with distribution in the Late Cretaceous (Maastrichtian), so can't be of Lower Paleozoic. In other words, if your gastropod is Lower Paleozoic, it can't be Polinices rectilabrum. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

48 minutes ago, jpc said:

As Tidgy's Dad, Troodon,  Fruitbat and caldigger have said... post some pix here.  See the previous posts for a few guidelines so that we can be helpful.  

Somewhere, somebody said something about pictures but I’m not sure who it was or what the instructions were...

2 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

Polinices rectilabrum is Euspira rectilabrum Conrad 1858 (moon snail), with distribution in the Late Cretaceous (Maastrichtian), so can't be of Lower Paleozoic. In other words, if your gastropod is Lower Paleozoic, it can't be Polinices rectilabrum. :)

Am I missing something or are you psychic? 

1 minute ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Am I missing something or are you psychic? 

Tags under the page title. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

51 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Tags under the page title. :)

“I see” said the blind man. The tags don’t show up when viewing via a cell phone so I thought our good friend @abyssunder was exercising some 6th sense.

13 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

“I see” said the blind man. The tags don’t show up when viewing via a cell phone so I thought our good friend @abyssunder was exercising some 6th sense.

Oh yes they do matey, gotta have the right theme/skin. ;) 

42 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Oh yes they do matey, gotta have the right theme/skin. ;) 

Bah, I can't be bothered to figure that out. It would ruin my reputation as a troglodyte if I was too tech savvy. :P

I think I'm going to go home, put on a kilt and hit something hot and metallic with a hammer.

17 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Bah, I can't be bothered to figure that out. It would ruin my reputation as a troglodyte if I was too tech savvy. :P

I think I'm going to go home, put on a kilt and hit something hot and metallic with a hammer.

Hey trog....

12074D65-849D-44C3-BD5C-33358F9A2F71.thumb.jpeg.1612e1d05ebed1a4ce3ef9242f9c5a2b.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I hope you are wearing a leather kilt for the forge work!  Nothing like a large man running about in a burning skirt.

18 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Hey trog....

12074D65-849D-44C3-BD5C-33358F9A2F71.thumb.jpeg.1612e1d05ebed1a4ce3ef9242f9c5a2b.jpeg

Thanks for helping a trog out!!!!

7 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I hope you are wearing a leather kilt for the forge work!  Nothing like a large man running about in a burning skirt.

Naw, leather is for sissies who don't know how to keep their clothes off the material or out of the forge! I wear my heavy cotton utility kilt for rough and tumble stuff like this. It has a few burn holes but those are actually from campfires.

45 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I don't have a kilt, but :

Scotch.JPG.a3b8d802216ea82408da6f74856af9b0.JPG

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

The tags don’t show up when viewing via a cell phone so I thought our good friend @abyssunder was exercising some 6th sense.

That's good, Kris! :rofl: :zen:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I have two utility kilts...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

28 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

Hmm...I'm not seeing tags. With the exception of Adam's fancy tam and John's screenshot, I'm not seeing photos either. Am I losing it up here Never mind...don't answer that:headscratch:

Maybe the pictures are transparent.... :headscratch:
I just see now that the location of the OP is Pflugerville Texas. If the specimens were found in that area (e.g.  Pflugerville Formation) that means they can't be older than Cretaceous. My question is, where is the location of the finds?

Thomas Mann

My Library

3 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I don't have a kilt, but :

Scotch.JPG.a3b8d802216ea82408da6f74856af9b0.JPG

A bonnet like that deserves a matching kilt!!!

3 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I have two utility kilts...

Awesome. I have 3 kilts currently and plan to buy a 4th this year. My boys were giving me grief tonight about needing new ones.

Archived