DevonianDigger

Great Collection Jay!

Nice pictures and variation.

Hope the health issues are behind you now! :) 

Thanks for showing us. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

35 minutes ago, Kane said:

I’ll get you a full one this year.

Lol, I won't complain! I have just about run out of "entry-level" bugs to collect. I think I bought one of every bug that I could get my hands on for less than 50$. My new prize I'm after is a Lonchodomas rostratus. Look it up if you're not familiar, there's one for sale on ...um... the auction site that will not be named. But they want $1200 for it. Too rich for my blood. Maybe after I make tenure, lol!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Nice photos of a beautiful collection. :wub:

Or at least the new additions to it. 

Some smashing trilobites and plenty of interesting extras. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

38 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Great Collection Jay!

Nice pictures and variation.

Hope the health issues are behind you now! :) 

Thanks for showing us. 

Health issues are undetermined. Everything has been inconclusive, been almost a year dealing with it. But, on the plus side, I'm not dead yet! Nor does it seem to be causing anything but discomfort. Are you going to be out this way this season?

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

4 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Nice photos of a beautiful collection. :wub:

Or at least the new additions to it. 

Some smashing trilobites and plenty of interesting extras. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you! I'm missing some of the newer trilobites still, haven't got around to photographing them. Always looking for more!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

2 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Thank you! I'm missing some of the newer trilobites still, haven't got around to photographing them. Always looking for more!

I know exactly how you feel. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Very impressive! So many bugs I’m surprised the spiders don’t come out to catch’em:D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, DevonianDigger said:

Happen to be a big fan of Moroccan material too! Probably will never make it there unfortunately. :/

Well, as I'm unlikely to make the USA in the next century or two, we'll have to arrange an exchange, sometime. :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

Just now, Tidgy's Dad said:

Well, as I'm unlikely to make the USA in the next century or two, we'll have to arrange an exchange, sometime. :D

Probably don't have much worth your efforts, but I'm always game for dropping some boxes in the mail!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

I really enjoyed looking at your very interesting collection. I also like your displays too. Thanks for showing us.

cheers Bobby 

4 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Very impressive! So many bugs I’m surprised the spiders don’t come out to catch’em:D

But yet still, no where near enough!!! Only 31 species so far... so many more to go!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I really enjoyed looking at your very interesting collection. I also like your displays too. Thanks for showing us.

cheers Bobby 

Thanks, Bobby! Glad people are getting to see them!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

2 hours ago, DevonianDigger said:

IMG_0025.thumb.JPG.5639a45bad1f9931715a10dd75f2edef.JPG

A nice little display given to me by @drobare last year, along with some other oddities. Some nice quartz, along with some fluorite from a prospector friend of mine. A pretty rad piece of red alum. Two pieces of Trinitite, (glass created from the sand during the very first atomic bomb test in New Mexico.) Also, fragments of four different meteorites, (Sikhote-Alin [IIAB Coarse Octahedrite], Bilet Winselwan [Carbonaceous CM2 Chondrite], Campo del Cielo [Iron IAB mg], and Chelyabinsk [LL5 Chondrite])

What is that green geode?

6 minutes ago, Wrangellian said:

What is that green geode?

Food coloring, lol!

I bought it online as a standard issue geode, (quartz I presume,) because I thought it looked amazingly cool in the photo, and real or otherwise, I thought it would compliment the red alum in my display nicely... Showed up looking like garbage with green dye dribbled down the outside of the geode. Definitely won't fall for that one again. 

5a8f86f269a81_s-l5001.jpg.67aea3527240fda4e24db6c5cf44a456.jpg

What it was supposed to look like... (next post will be what showed up.)

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Oh.. ha! At least they still sparkle, but that spill over the outside edge does give it away somewhat...

I've always liked that 'aqua aura' quartz that is artificially enhanced but never bothered to acquire a piece. (so many other things to spend money on)

2 minutes ago, Wrangellian said:

Oh.. ha! At least they still sparkle, but that spill over the outside edge does give it away somewhat...

I've always liked that 'aqua aura' quartz that is artificially enhanced but never bothered to acquire a piece. (so many other things to spend money on)

It was fairly cheap, less than $10, so I'm not exactly heartbroken over it, but I was disappointed. The one in the sales photo looks really sharp. I'm not really a gem/mineral guy, but once I started collecting the meteorites, it was a slippery slope and now I've started a case for minerals as well. Oops. There goes another paycheck!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA