My Presidents’ Day hunt

Miocene_Mason

Had time to squeeze in a thirty minute hunt (not sure if it was worth the three hour total drive time) at Brownies (miocene) but did find some decent things. Big sand tiger, and two rib sectionss. An partial Ecphora was a welcome sight indeed (wonder why I have better luck with them at Brownies than Matoaka). A lot of sand tigers for some reason, and few physos than normal. Anyway, because of the shortness I just picked up anything strange looking, hence the broken teeth. Also a lot of bone and scute material as per usual. Hopefully someday soon the megs will be out:meg:or even:megalodon_broken01:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

09761731-8E85-4CA4-9830-CF1ED90BE5AF.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Chisel- about six inches

bottom ruler thingy- in inches

6C5097FB-A004-4937-978C-1E7DE6FFAE5B.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

66DB84DA-C785-4F14-A3B7-09B117E92F92.jpeg

A71CBD37-44C7-400B-8D52-C9410BC130B0.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

E977E63C-A2C3-4E06-866E-40DB9781147F.jpeg

190BBCDA-F6D4-48C1-BFF5-0B1763CBB819.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

5957DF2F-D0BB-4FE6-ACEF-D14E36256B6E.jpeg

9EFE3A6C-8FB5-40AC-95E1-FC8F3A6BD039.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

First person to circle the shark tooth gets the satisfaction of winning*

*results may vary

386F770D-7A00-4DC6-9D28-0AAE57BC70DA.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

Better pic of some of the smaller sand tigers

7C4F2A16-FA89-4C25-AF90-60550EEC19A7.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

That’s it by the way:D

Happy hunting,

Mason

Not a bay day's work at all! :)

Some pretty nice teeth and other bits. 

But I can't see the shark's tooth. 

But can i have the prize anyway?

Cos i'm blind as a bat. 

bat-15.jpg.0fa17bec6126af94c4c396f5360eb72e.jpg

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

6 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Not a bay day's work at all! :)

Some pretty nice teeth and other bits. 

But I can't see the shark's tooth. 

But can i have the prize anyway?

Cos i'm blind as a bat. 

Hmmmmmm.....

Okay, I’m feeling nice today, you can have the satisfaction of winning as well:D

You are also a part of WhodamanHDs Funny Fossil Forum gallery (which replaces WhodamanHDs repository for unwanted fossils)

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Hmmmmmm.....

Okay, I’m feeling nice today, you can have the satisfaction of winning as well:D

You are also a part of WhodamanHDs Funny Fossil Forum gallery (which replaces WhodamanHDs repository for unwanted fossils)

Hmmmmmm.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Just now, Tidgy's Dad said:

Hmmmmmm.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

A good thing! Though the picture is a bit abstract....

Happy hunting,

Mason

I even put my glasses on and I still can't see the shark tooth! :D

Those are some nice finds! Really good for 30 minutes of work!

I'm especially excited to see the Ecphora, as that's something I've never really looked for before. 

1 minute ago, Littlefoot said:

I'm especially excited to see the Ecphora, as that's something I've never really looked for before. 

Thanks! You should see @paxhunters Ecphora collection, it’s crazy! 

At the Calvert Marine Museum, they have one of the hermit crabs in the aquarium an Ecphora shell! No signs about it or anything, I think it’s funny!

Happy hunting,

Mason

As for the sharks tooth, it’s very hard to see. Don’t know how I saw it, guess just “in-the-zone?” 

Ill reveal the location tomorrow 

Happy hunting,

Mason

Couldn't find the tooth, but I did find Waldo!

-I actually did find The tooth, but I'm not telling where just to give the others a chance.

Just now, caldigger said:

Couldn't find the tooth, but I did find Waldo!

Even I didn’t see that!

Happy hunting,

Mason

That's pretty impressive for finds in a span of 30 minutes.

Especially since I have stared at your photo for over 30 minutes and still haven't found the one tooth.

@Foozil nope, but thanks for trying! I like this kinda thing, maybe next time I’ll do it with an actual prize.

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

@Foozil nope, but thanks for trying! I like this kinda thing, maybe next time I’ll do it with an actual prize.

No worries! Is the tooth whole? And how many goes can we have? I thiiiiiink I see one.... probably wrong again though haha

Well I don't know how to circle items in a pic but I believe it is a dark black tooth just below a yellow-ish color rock near the top of the pic.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Archived