My Presidents’ Day hunt

Miocene_Mason

10 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Well I don't know how to circle items in a pic but I believe it is a dark black tooth just below a yellow-ish color rock near the top of the pic.

Which square?:

5a90cf8c89495_ScreenShot2018-02-24at1_34_24pm.png.b1aa9c91cecea0a289f73c21b6482219.png

Is this it?? @WhodamanHD

5a90cfac47aff_ScreenShot2018-02-24at1_35_21pm.png.28b6c6f84a841586d0b8b2ea5bb03d3b.png

Final guess I promise :D

Just now, Foozil said:

Which square?:

5a90cf8c89495_ScreenShot2018-02-24at1_34_24pm.png.b1aa9c91cecea0a289f73c21b6482219.png

Is this it?? @WhodamanHD

5a90cfac47aff_ScreenShot2018-02-24at1_35_21pm.png.28b6c6f84a841586d0b8b2ea5bb03d3b.png

Final guess I promise :D

3a Thankyou!

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

20 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Well I don't know how to circle items in a pic but I believe it is a dark black tooth just below a yellow-ish color rock near the top of the pic.

I don't know either, but when cropping the image I have an icon for adding little accent images like mustache, kiss marks, eyebrows and such to a picture. I attached a halo to make the circle.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

@Tidgy's Dad @Foozil @Darktooth

Not in your circles/ squares (which I may quickly revise in order to it be not split...hint 

@ynot does have it in his circle, but I think we’ll go for seconds as well!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I am sure at some point if dug deep enough in that area you might come up with a tooth. So Tony wins! Yea!!!!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Okay, how ‘bout now, remember the satisfaction of winning is at stake here!!!!!

3D69763D-F5A9-42E7-AA98-5998D4D30EF9.jpeg

The wierd Black Xs are accidental and I’m not actually sure where they are from but one hint is it’s not in any square with a weird black X

Edited by WhodamanHD

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

Okay, how ‘bout now, remember the satisfaction of winning is at stake here!!!!!

3D69763D-F5A9-42E7-AA98-5998D4D30EF9.jpeg

The wierd Black Xs are accidental and I’m not actually sure where they are from but one hint is it’s not in any square with a weird black X

B3 or G6?

Hi,

I think B4 on Foozil pic, the dark part under shells...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

7 hours ago, paxhunter said:

B3

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

You get the satisfaction of winning and may use it how you please! Good job. Here it is brushed off:

35F6BB1B-AA08-42A9-8821-1954B69A0FED.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Happy hunting,

Mason

10 hours ago, Foozil said:

No worries! Is the tooth whole? And how many goes can we have? I thiiiiiink I see one.... probably wrong again though haha

Sorry missed this. As you can see it is whole, and I didn’t set any restrictions as to as many times. Just for fun.

Happy hunting,

Mason

BA21DB45-2F0F-47FE-B979-35E71312CCC7.jpeg

B0B9AC2F-6760-431A-B921-6341E530A343.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

The above are it in the original picture 

Happy hunting,

Mason

So I made it late to the game.  I saw that as I went down the posts.

I honestly was going to guess that.  Would have been correct but will concede to caldigger.

Very nice finds for a short period of time.  Congrats to both of you.

That’s quite the haul for just half an hour! Congrats on the finds. A beautiful sand tiger with some killer cusplets. All of my larger sand tigers from this area have reduced cusplets, but I see a ton of long sharp ones on the smaller teeth. There are at least two species of sand tiger shark at Calvert Cliffs, the smalltooth sand tiger Odontaspis reticulata and the large tooth sand tiger Carcharias cuspidata. I wonder which species your biggest one is. I’d go with O. reticulata because of the elongated root lobes and presence of multiple long cusplets on each shoulder. If that’s what it is, that’s about as big as they get for that species. In any case, great find!

• I found this Informative 2

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~