A Choice Between Spinosaurus Rooted Sticks...

lesofprimus

Hey guys, I have the option of getting one of these 2 rooted Spinosaurus teeth, but unsure which one to go with... One is over 6", the other over 4.75"... I like the look of the shorter one better and it matches my other Spino teeth nicely, but is the big one a really nice specimen???

Opinions??

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

untitledsdertq.png

s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600c.jpg

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600e.jpg

I would advise against buying the first tooth and the second one has a few red flags.  I'm not sure what the first one is, the crown is odd, no enamel, difficult to say what was done to it and the root area equally bad and having a difficult time determining if it was added.  The second tooth, the tip is dark cannot see it very well in the pictures but gives me a sense it's restored.  Need closer photos.  There are several brown bands at the base of the crown and in the root areas.  That's usually a red flag sign that its hiding something, a repair or a composite.  I would like to see close up pictures of the second tooth at different points.  No hands straight in shots.

• I found this Informative 2

These are the only other pics I have available.... The first one seems off to me as well, which is why I went to the experts...

s-l1600s.jpg

s-l1600ss.jpg

s-l1600sss.jpg

The dark area of the tip has been added and is not part of the crown.  The best I can say is the the tooth and root were broken in several pieces and put back together with that brown looking filler.   Better photos might show that the root is a composite.

Ive gotten this snippet of info out of the vague info on it...

"Appears to have some slight repairs and/or possible Franken tooth..."

First one to me appears to be a real crown of a spinosauidae tooth with carved bone for a root and the second one has tip and part of the root restored for certain however is real and to me doesn't look like a Frankenstein tooth, personally I would avoid both of these however if you are comfortable knowing what you are buying from the information we have provided and the price is low for the second one its your choice to buy it or not.