Air Drier for prepping

RJB

Not sure how many folks out there doing their prep in colder parts of the world, but I am looking to get an air drier for my media blaster.  I get waaaaaay too much water in my pipes. any sugestions or help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

RB

The supply of dry and clean air is a must for trouble-free operation. Under atmospheric conditions, a cubic meter of compressed air cannot absorb more water vapour than 1 cubic meter of air. For example, if 7 m³ atmospheric air at 6 bar is compressed to 1 m³, 6 parts of water vapour will condense (at constant temperature). When you compress air, a lot of water is precipitated as a droplet and must be sucked off to prevent malfunctions. Without several water traps the dew clogging your abrasive!

This is my setup:

post-2081-0-19248500-1442437137_thumb.jpg

post-2081-0-45045700-1442437199_thumb.jpg

From right to left: Quick lock coupling, shut-off valve, adjustable pressure regulator with integrated water trap (40µm), branching module with manifold (goes to my air scribe; I need oil free air), two additional water traps (5µm), adjustable pressure regulator for my sand blaster, on-off valve / decompression valve with silencer and a manifold with push in connectors.

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

1 hour ago, oilshale said:

The supply of dry and clean air is a must for trouble-free operation. Under atmospheric conditions, a cubic meter of compressed air cannot absorb more water vapour than 1 cubic meter of air. For example, if 7 m³ atmospheric air at 6 bar is compressed to 1 m³, 6 parts of water vapour will condense (at constant temperature). When you compress air, a lot of water is precipitated as a droplet and must be sucked off to prevent malfunctions. Without several water traps the dew clogging your abrasive!

This is my setup:

post-2081-0-19248500-1442437137_thumb.jpg

post-2081-0-45045700-1442437199_thumb.jpg

From right to left: Quick lock coupling, shut-off valve, adjustable pressure regulator with integrated water trap (40µm), branching module with manifold (goes to my air scribe; I need oil free air), two additional water traps (5µm), adjustable pressure regulator for my sand blaster, on-off valve / decompression valve with silencer and a manifold with push in connectors.

Do you happen to have a parts list (manufacturer etc...) for this setup? Looks like it might be a good DIY option

Or did you purchase this system?

54 minutes ago, -AnThOnY- said:

Do you happen to have a parts list (manufacturer etc...) for this setup? Looks like it might be a good DIY option

Or did you purchase this system?

It‘s a DIY system. Parts (mainly from ebay or junk yards) are from Festo.

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

14 hours ago, oilshale said:

@oilshale That is quite the setup.  But it is well understood the one needs oil free and completely dry air for fossil prep with ablation and air scribes.

I can't believe you've been doing this for 20 years without an air drier.  If I remember when I get home (doubtful) I will try to post a photo of my set-up.  

Archived