Bone fossil??

IDontKnowAnythingAboutThis

Hello there! I no little information about fossils but I was really hoping someone could help me out with identifying this fossil? Frankly I’m not quite sure it is a fossil. I’m really curious though and I gladly thank anyone for their time. This small ‘bone’ was found on the shores of North Carolina. It’s a dark brownish color and feels lighter than it looks. (Almost like wood) Thank you guys!

633D1022-547C-425C-801F-7A059B485B2E.jpeg

F9662BA1-29A0-46C9-8E43-F324BFCDDA8A.jpeg

321D0958-D850-4B61-BD09-19A8E377B3DF.jpeg

F5C41A3C-730A-4391-9D17-4F88FFC3547F.jpeg

If you can post closer shots or larger files we may be able to get a better idea if it is a complete bone. Being that light I suspect it could be a worn fragment.

At this resolution it's hard to rule out pumice even.

I would suspect worn fragment at first. The first shot shows what appears to be a condyle but more pics of higher quality would definitely help. 

CD

Sorry I was having a few difficulties getting them posted with high resolution but I think I figured it outF68B6344-CF3C-4E95-AA6B-161B2E33A629.thumb.png.4953e654ffd78710999d778cfaa7f252.png

Thanks for the better pictures. The quality makes a big difference.

Unfortunately I do not see bone in this piece. Looks like an odd shaped stream tumbled rock.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I agree that it's not the most obvious bone structure. It looks a bit like the texture an articulating surface. What would have been sheathed with cartilage in life. 

Can anyone suggest exactly what else would be found on the North Carolina shore that looks like this and weighs about the same as wood. 

Archived