Dear Guys,

I have found three coracoid bones in flintstone that are about 0,5 cm length and made the cavities of them by needle. 

There are two versions about these fossil ID in my opinion- enantiornithine bird or pterosaur

(pterosaur is more possible because the lower wider part of bones is not very wide as in almost all birds and the pterosaur, e.g. ornithocheiridae coracoid shape is very similar!). 

If these are pterosaur coracoid bones they should belong to small species (maybe rhamphorhynchoids), if small bird bones- they should be very primitive, probably early Cretaceous 

and I do not know any birds with this shape except Enantiophoenix (Enantiophoenix coracoid is even little wider and the bone cavity is very small, not so big as in my specimens). 

Please help to identify these remains by the coracoid form in pterosaurs, primitive birds or even tiny dinosaurs. :)

Any help will be appreciated! 

Best Regards

Domas

enantiornithes or pterosaur 3.jpg

enantiornithes or pterosaur 1.jpg

enantiornithes or pterosaur 2.jpg

Enantiornithes or pterosaur 3 b.jpg

I do not recognize the form as avian. More importantly, the vascular canal pits seem reptilian to me.

Good photography!!!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Dear Auspex and Troodon thank you very much for the notes! :D 

Then I would say the only one version is possible- baby pterosaurs? 

I have heard about some localities where are found the masses of juvenile pterosaur bones and skeletons but in Lithuania... 

I would say it is very strange and interesting case, although flint vertebrates are almost not studied in my country (especially osteichthyans and tetrapods). :)

I wait for confirmation or narrow taxon ID guys, more opinions? 

Best Regards

Domas 

Archived