Phareodus preps

RJB

Im still working on getting an air dryer, but still working on fossil fishy's.  Here are two Phareodus fishy's ive been working on and ive got another one but that one still has a long way to go.  Ive really got too many fossil projects, but for me, thats a good thing.  Keeps me busy and out of the bars.  I also havent been to a bar for about 20 years.  Oh, the fish in the background just needs a little bit of clean up around the jaws mostly but the bottom fish needs a lot of fin work still.  Hoping the fins on that one are better than what it seems?

RB

DSCN1467.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Wow Ron those are beauties! I haven't seen fossil fish that look like this before.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

:dinothumb:I don't have the patience to do this, but I can definitely recognize the talent and quality of work.

:drool:

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Those are lovely, that's great work.

Hope the fins fin-ish up well. :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

They look great to me!  And how do you manage to get such fabulous specimens?  Mine looks like something the cat dragged in.

41 minutes ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

They look great to me!  And how do you manage to get such fabulous specimens?  Mine looks like something the cat dragged in, chewed up and regurgitated.

You forgot the most expressive verbiage.   :ighappy:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

28 minutes ago, caldigger said:

You forgot the most expressive verbiage.   :ighappy:

:hearty-laugh:

Looks amazing!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

11 hours ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

They look great to me!  And how do you manage to get such fabulous specimens?  Mine looks like something the cat dragged in.

It has a lot to do with the fact that @RJB brings a truck bed and trailer load of fish home when he goes digging!

Those are some awesome fish and excellent work on the prep. Would love to know how you do it. I have a few I am going to try.

@RJB You really need to get out more often.  It's been about that same length of time since I was out to a bar.

Thanks everybody.

23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You really need to get out more often.  It's been about that same length of time since I was out to a bar.

I really dont get out as much as I used to, but I still do 2 to 4 trips a year.  Here are pictures from 3 years ago.  all from the same trip. 

RB

DSCN0288.JPG

DSCN0290.JPG

DSCN0293.JPG

DSCN0295.JPG

DSCN0297.JPG

• I found this Informative 1