smt126

Uwgb website gone?

smt126

There was a professor Dutch who had a great webpage on the uwgb site, but it appears to be gone. Every time I try to access it, I get an error. I've tried different links to different sections and all give errors. Does anyone know if it's gone for good? I'm guessing he's retiring or retired and they cleaned up his webspace? It stinks because there was so much good information on there.

Fossildude19

Have you tried the Wayback Machine?

Brett Breakin' Rocks
18 minutes ago, smt126 said:

There was a professor Dutch who had a great webpage on the uwgb site, but it appears to be gone. Every time I try to access it, I get an error. I've tried different links to different sections and all give errors. Does anyone know if it's gone for good? I'm guessing he's retiring or retired and they cleaned up his webspace? It stinks because there was so much good information on there.

Another option beyond what @Fossildude19 has suggested ... if you can find it archived somehow on the Wayback machine ... you can also take sites with you/archive them for offline viewing and later reading.

I have used this free software with great results.  Used it to archive one of our old sales sites for posterity.

HTTrack Website Copier

https://www.httrack.com/

Cheers,

Brett

Macrophyseter

I third everyone. If you think that the website has indeed shut down, it is possible that at least at some point someone screencaptured the website into WayBackMachine.

smt126

I used the way back machine and found it. Thank you so much. I'm so glad someone archived it.