Jawbone

lone5wolf117

Kinda small to be a mosasaur, so I guess enchodus but let’s see what @LordTrilobite says.

• I found this Informative 2

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

There are no Mosasaurs in the Kem Kem beds. There are loads of crocs and fish in Kem Kem. I'd say this looks more like fish. But what type? no clue.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Since it's so thin would also lean toward fish.  Not sure enchodus jaws have sockets and with teeth spaced so close. I'll throw this out as a possibility Aidachar pankowskii and here is a picture of an Aidachar different species from Uzbekistan.  Some resemblance but difficult call without teeth.

Screenshot_2018-03-03-04-27-15.jpg.1e8c6e52e4c7565ba0c2b1056e08801e.jpg

I agree that the tooth sockets look similar to those of Aidachar. But it has quite a deep jaw. The jaw lone5wolf117 shows is pretty slender, though it could of course be a different bone form the jaw than the one Troodon showed here.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

definitely more slender than Aidachar pankowskii.  Could not find a better fit and have not seen very many socketed Jaws in the Kem Kem

Here is the maxillary.

Aidachar-paludalis-right-maxillary-fragment-ZIN-PC-2-58-in-dorsal-A-medial-B.png.0bf0bca03289151c4dbcaf7bc9927b92.png