Dinosaur eggs from Jiangxi

This pair of dinosaur eggs is from Jiangxi, they are of a much larger size than the typical round eggs found there (compare the size in the photo captured from a video clip). Genuine egg or concretion?

D76F274B-C0C5-4A0B-9410-91C32D76E920.jpeg

D57D2CC9-84C9-421B-96D1-A284943DB193.jpeg

50AF530D-63B7-448E-9728-F7A9B01BA50F.jpeg

E56CB70F-034D-466E-95D5-55CF2B1E8BEB.png

Why are they shaped differently from each other? Hard to tell, but not seeing any egg texture if there should be any.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I agree. It may even be real, but it is difficult to make an accurate opinion based solely on these photos. Nevertheless, I also could not find typical shell texture that could characterize an authentic dinosaur egg. Although some types of egg shells of dinosaurs often do not have a raised shell texture that can be easily recognized in the touch of the fingers, especially if it is covered with matrix / sediments, like for example: the calcite, that is quite common in dinosaur eggs from china. Below, I leave as an example, an eggshell with a smooth outer surface (from dinosaur of the specie Troodon):

image.png.b6031e334f477297ba1b7dbc2a008233.png

But whether they are even dinosaur eggs or not, could only be ascertained after removal of the sediments that could be covering these supposed eggs.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Whatever it is, judging from the surface texture, I say "no".

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

5 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

These are eggs/concretion found at the same site...

I'm seeing many patterns of shells in these last pictures you posted, so this case, then if these two eggs that you posted here for first, are discovered in the same location as the other eggs, then possibly are authentic, but even so, still not sure without the removal of the sediments that cover them.

And I would not be at all amazed at this, since as I said earlier, normally, these dinosaur eggs discovered in China, in situ, are partially or completely covered with calcite:

image.thumb.png.572dd29ce9c308f15c5a0478aea9189f.png

Additionally, you can notice that in this egg that has already been prepared and cleaned, which is deposited in my private collection, you do not notice a eggshell texture that is apparent (having a naked eye) or that is embossed:

image.png.76c3d1006764577a10f59924708b569f.png

And now the same egg when it arrived here, without preparation some, that is, dirty:

image.png.d1646abb389a7901279fe171fa92bdb0.png

Note: I have not completely finished preparing this egg, as I still plan to stabilize it.

03.PNG

I also can't see anything that would say eggs rather than concretions, and the size difference worries me. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I dont see enough to identify these as eggs though they may be.  The surface needs to be prepped to determine if eggshell material is present.  Typically you would not find different size eggs together and that's more of an indication of concretions. 

Love the backhoe picture.   Your first picture, i dont know if those two are real or not, but I can see that they look like they have been placed onto that piece of matrix.  That would bother me if I was going to purchase these. 

RB

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

I dont see enough to identify these as eggs though they may be.  The surface needs to be prepped to determine if eggshell material is present.  Typically you would not find different size eggs together and that's more of an indication of concretions. 

Would it be possible that the egg shells are all peeled off?

Yes if that's the case they are worthless, IMO, because all you then have is a cast of the egg a steinkern.  All these different shapes that are together look like concretions especially since no shell material is visible.   You would not have this variety of shell sizes together in nature.

16 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Yes if that's the case it's worthless because all you then have is a cast of the egg a steinkern.  All these different shapes that are together look like concretions especially since no shell material is visible.   You would not have this variety of shell sizes together in nature.

But this brood is genuine eggs?  It’s found at the same locations as the above eggs/concretions.

D6DD7710-7696-42C4-BA64-7F2B9297D0C4.jpeg

Yes these look real.   They are the same size and have shell material.  The others need to be examined by hand not through photographs to determine what they are but you don't see random size eggs in nature.

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Yes these look real.   They are the same size and have shell material.  The others need to be examined by hand not through photographs to determine what they are but you don't see random size eggs in nature.

Could eggs and concretions occur at the same site?

7 minutes ago, Crazyhen said:

Could eggs and concretions occur at the same site?

No idea but your sites are quite unique and anything is possible.  Again we cannot make this determination from just a few pictures these items need to be looked at in person by someone knowledgeable.

I won't be surprised if paleontologists if the day comes find evidence of cooperation between different species of herbivorous dinosaurs, which could mean even nesting in the same area, but while this doesn't happen, as I said Previously, these eggs should be cleaned if they are to be able to check if there is a shell in the surface or if they are mere concretions. Supposed fossils covered with matrix can always be something completely different than one can imagine.

Each of these eggs must be meticulously analyzed individually, only then can we have a better understanding of what the collective might have been.

03.PNG

I don’t think the first ones you posted are authentic but the last picture you posted looks like it could be real but the shell does look a little off so I wouldn’t personally take the chance on any of these. 

Archived