round walnut looking rocks

john h dalton

4 hours ago, ynot said:

Making an unfounded guess is one thing, repeatedly making the unsupported comment makes it seem that You are arguing for that id.

When the evidence is in perpondence against a certain ID it is counterproductive to make repeated insistence of the incorrect ID.

Several of the posts in this thread have explained why these concretions is not of organic origin, but You keep insisting that it has an organic origin (without any supporting evidence).

If You can find any evidence to support Your assumption of an organic origin- I would love to see it.

Also, Neotropic has nothing to do with the existence of a genus during the cretaceous.

I repeated that because even after I said that he was probably right messages were sent with happy faces high five ing each other. And all I did was suggest a possibility. Thank you for your admonishments though,it shows freedom of thought. Also many concretions have organic origins. And they have been around prior to the Cretaceous. 

On 3/6/2018 at 7:20 PM, Peat Burns said:

Here's what I have from Morrison, including Araucaria that @Auspex mentioned.

Peat, can you post in a new topic the specimens in question?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

46 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

Peat, can you post in a new topic the specimens in question?

I don't have any in question at the moment, I was just responding to the question of whether plant seeds / propagules have been found in the Morrison.  However, if you want to take a stab at putting names on what I have, I'd be happy to post them.  I haven't had time to work on them :)

Some of them might be short shoots (according to their shapes).  :)

They remind me of the one posted here:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

3 hours ago, abyssunder said:

Some of them might be short shoots (according to their shapes).  :)

They remind me of the one posted here:

I'll try to remember to post pics of them this week (in a separate thread :))

Archived