Petrified head

JohnBrewer

But i can see the eyes and nose, neck, cheeks, even an ancient haircut! :drool:

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I wonder if this seller actually lists these items for a joke or a meme, it might sound far fetched but I cant see any other reason behind it :headscratch:

4 minutes ago, Haravex said:

I wonder if this seller actually lists these items for a joke or a meme, it might sound far fetched but I cant see any other reason behind it :headscratch:

Money! 

Some of them will sell. :(

And he might really believe it, we get similar posts on here sometimes.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Found at Area 51, I presume...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Stop making fun of me! It is clearly a fossilized head! Any fool can see that!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

Stop making fun of me! It is clearly a fossilized head! Any fool can see that!

The question is, what's it supposed to be a head of?!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

6 minutes ago, caldigger said:

The question is, what's it supposed to be a head of?!

According to the description, some kind of Stegosaurus hatchling. Not kidding. :wacko:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

4 minutes ago, Kane said:

According to the description, some kind of Stegosaurus hatchling. Not kidding. :wacko:

And probably from a place that Stegosaurus never roamed.  Funny how people throwing out ID's always seem to latch onto the classics.

You never hear them state it might be from any of the lesser known species.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

6 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Quite tempted by this petrified head on the big auction site. I think it’s a steal at a mere $6000. Not. 

67992E3D-3E6A-47CD-A2DE-6886A5DC31F5.thumb.jpeg.03aec925d6b2899edf06a7b84d40a7f0.jpegee155cc57693be7b50e5276909f884e4--alien-sculptures.jpg.5b50a54854ba1fa49d2489de4e1aa876.jpg

I have no idea what he is talking about ... it's obviously an extremely worn (and rare mind you) alien navigator skull ... !  With a little creativity this guy could really draw down the big bucks.

2 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

I have no idea what he is talking about ... it's obviously an extremely worn (and rare mind you) alien navigator skull ... !  With a little creativity this guy could really draw down the big bucks.

Good one!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

1 hour ago, Fitch1979 said:

oh man .. all these people are talking about it .. I want it ..I must have it now!

I have one just like it, I believe you have had some trilobites on the sales topic you might trade for perhaps? :P

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

What if it's a fossil alien head from an ancient UFO crash?

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Actually a woman. Everything she collects looks like it comes from Glen Rose TX. Has some scientific write ups to back it all up if you're not convinced! I love these "tiny dinosaur eggs". Only $100 each! And you're right. Looks like she sold a few. Sheesh.

1.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Totally real, but sadly misidentified.  It is actually a fossilized Beluga whale head.

On 7-3-2018 at 4:13 PM, caldigger said:

I have one just like it, I believe you have had some trilobites on the sales topic you might trade for perhaps? :P

ahaha :)

But really, doesn't anyone realize it are just fossilized potatoes cultivated by the Velociraptors before?! It's clear as a blue sky ...:

1/ small front claws of the Velociraptor from generations of handling these potatoes

2/ shovel-like claws to dig the potatoes in their fields

3/ small reptile: because their diet consisted nearly 99.5% of these potatoes, they lacked proteins and other nutrients to grow any taller

4/ they had very sharp teeth like you yourself use a knife in the kitchen to work with potatoes

5/ it was also visible in their behavior: they always looked behind unexpectedly, a bit nervous, because these potatoes were so wanted by the species back then that they'd hustle each other for it quite often.. they developed a nervous 'My Precious'-tick (has been described by J.R.R Tolkien already in 1937)   

to clarify: size of Velociraptor in comparison to humans - pay attention that the are really built for this potato-size

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor velociraptor

shape of the claw: real potato-diggers, see how the fingers curl inwards with this adult from holding a lifetime 'my precious'-potatoes

image.png.06afb9512b29d9c273b1cc758dcb2a47.png

Behaviour: 100% linked to the defending of the small potatoes

image.png.f16f12e391621df0fa1cd2a48fe85eb9.png

And it was the infamous K-T Boundary Potato Famine that caused their extinction. :(

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

And it was the infamous K-T Boundary Potato Famine that caused their extinction. :(

I bet you're so right :)