Why are these black

Jasel

I have numerous size rocks that are pure black, that I found this past weekend. Since I found them when the creek was low and they were grouped together I thought I found something!IMG_1868.thumb.JPG.edb2370d4948154d3df5963eeaa3608f.JPG

Edited by Jasel
Shortened what I was saying

If the rock isn't actually naturally black, but it's just a coating, it could be iron oxide from the river water. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

41 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

If the rock isn't actually naturally black, but it's just a coating, it could be iron oxide from the river water. 

Or from a layer that eroded into the river if you say the other rocks in the area are not like this.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

It's just weird cause they're grouped together in a 10 ft part of creek that is now low enough it  exposed these rocks..

thank u both for answers! 

Edited by Jasel
Fix spelling

Well, even though you might have found something, we would need better photos in order to judge. This one is way too out of focus.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

4 hours ago, Jasel said:

It's just weird cause they're grouped together in a 10 ft part of creek that is now low enough it  exposed these rocks..

thank u both for answers! 

The grouping may be the result of sorting by the creek's flow. Their size, shape, and density being a perfect fit to this particular pocket. 

13 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Well, even though you might have find something, we would need better photos in order to judge. This one is way too out of focus.

I would of uploaded more pics but it kept telling me upload failed and I just tried again and it says same thing..I'll try again after dinner.

thanks everyone!

Edited by Jasel
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Jasel said:

I would of uploaded more pics but it kept telling me upload failed and I just tried again and it says same thing..I'll try again after dinner.

thanks everyone!

You may need to make them more than one post if they are over the size limit.

that's what i was trying to do, but it kept saying upload failed. i was on my phone and i'm able  to use my laptop now, so i'm gonna see if i can get them to upload now.

It still wouldn't let me upload & saying it failed cause it was bigger then 3.95 mb...

and all pics are 1.5 for each one.

so I opened a Photobucket account and I'm just goons take pics with digital camera today and just post a link....that way you can see all the pics 

2 hours ago, Jasel said:

t still wouldn't let me upload & saying it failed cause it was bigger then 3.95 mb...

and all pics are 1.5 for each one.

Try refreshing the page. This may help You to upload the pictures here.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

7 hours ago, ynot said:

Try refreshing the page. This may help You to upload the pictures here.

That wasn't working and using computer didn't work either. I'll just post the link to the Photobucket account I made for only these pictures....that's probably easiest way for everyone to see pics right now.

Thank you all for help! 

Will try to post as soon as I can this evening!