Hello, all!

So I am cleaning out my workshop to make room for a lot of new material coming in and to prepare for the upcoming season. I have wayyyyyy too much Penn Dixie material. I have, at this point, committed all of my complete bugs away. But I still have quite literally, TONS, of other material. What I am offering is Edlredgeops rana partials, this includes entire prepped bugs that are missing cephalons, stand alone cephalons, pygidiums, large but broken cephalons, half bugs, etc. (Please note, I am not offering any of these as complete. There is the real chance that some of the unprepped material COULD be complete, but I am not offering them as such. I also have Greenops pygidiums and partials, beat up examples with broken cephalons, etc. I also have a few Bellacartwrightia pygidiums laying around, and perhaps a few broken and partials of them as well. I also have massive quantities of hash plates from the Bay View coral layer, brachipods (Mucrospirifer, Pseudoatrypa, Rhipidomella, Spinatrypa), Spyroceras cephalopod partials, rugose and tablulate corals, clams, and other random bits. 

I am interested in trading for similar material from other locales. I am not expecting anyone to offer up prime specimens for any of this material, but I would love anyone else's throw-aways that include vertebrate material, plants, small fish, and the like. I am also considering minerals and gems. (Again, throw-aways are all I'm looking for, quantity beats quality on this one.) I will cover shipping domestically in the US, but can't really afford to ship out a ton of international packages this month. (I will still do international, we just might have to work something out.)

If anyone is interested, please message me! I want this stuff gone as quickly as possible, it's getting to the point where I can't walk in my workshop anymore! If you let me know what you're interested in I will take photos of some examples, but it would take me a full weekend at least to photograph everything that I have available. 

This is perfect for anyone wanting to practice prepping as the Windom shale that most of these bits are in is relatively easy to work and there are lots of attractive pieces that will look very nice prepped, just aren't worth the time and effort for me at this point.

Cheers!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

1 hour ago, DevonianDigger said:

clams

Would love to see some pictures of those! :ighappy:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

1 hour ago, DevonianDigger said:

Hello, all!

So I am cleaning out my workshop to make room for a lot of new material coming in and to prepare for the upcoming season. I have wayyyyyy too much Penn Dixie material. I have, at this point, committed all of my complete bugs away ...

And remember, Velociraptor teeth, ... not horn corals:P 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

So, like I said, taking pictures of everything would be really time consuming, but I snuck into the shop and took a few pictures of what was sitting out on shelves so that people would at least see the trilobite material I'm talking about.

20180309_150355.thumb.jpg.844dfd8149ff7736fa258dc91c62c764.jpg

20180309_150401.thumb.jpg.09b895ff95308d995136f673e825662b.jpg

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

They look amazing! I would like to trade please:). I am a big fan of trilobites.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Are they all just partials or are some of these still half buried unfinished preps?

4 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Are they all just partials or are some of these still half buried unfinished preps?

Like I said in the post, I am offering them all as "partials" although as I was going through them, there are definitely some "complete" ones in the mix. They are either just small rollers, or have missing edges or something. There are some that are complete, but are heavily distorted.

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Just now, DevonianDigger said:

image.thumb.png.3779012fffa795e5d0166383ab20d5ed.png

Oooh nice. What species is that?

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

Just now, DevonianDigger said:

Paleoneila filosa I believe

Thanks! Well I would love to have one of those :ighappy:

Are you in for this small trade? If so, send me a PM and I'll send you some pictures of what I have available. 

Max Derème

I should reiterate, that as much as I would love to trade equally with everyone, there will be delays on trades going overseas. Shipping overseas can be quite expensive, and as much as I want to give everyone an equal shot at things, I will have a hard time justifying the 40$-90$ expense of shipping overseas for shark teeth. That being said, I will do my best to work with everyone I can, I may just have to delay shipment until next month when I can afford to ship more. (I have been shipping a lot of international packages this month, and am up to almost 400$ in shipping costs this month on trades alone! Thank you all for understanding!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

21 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

I should reiterate, that as much as I would love to trade equally with everyone, there will be delays on trades going overseas. Shipping overseas can be quite expensive, and as much as I want to give everyone an equal shot at things, I will have a hard time justifying the 40$-90$ expense of shipping overseas for shark teeth. That being said, I will do my best to work with everyone I can, I may just have to delay shipment until next month when I can afford to ship more. (I have been shipping a lot of international packages this month, and am up to almost 400$ in shipping costs this month on trades alone! Thank you all for understanding!

Wait does that mean you will still send international packages? I have some things that I would like to trade.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Archived