Beach shark teeth?

ImaTravesty

Found these pieces while beach combing for sea shells last summer. Didnt realize until i got back home and washed the shells that i found these. I know that they are real rough from the sand but i think that theyre parts of shark teeth. I found these in Capitola CA. Am i correct or are they just shell fragments (sorry the pics might be low quality im new and still figuring this posting out)

20170817_200521.jpg

20170817_200541.jpg

From the pictures I can’t really make out what they are, but they are not sharks teeth sorry to say. Sharks teeth have enamel (or enameloid) around the crown and a distinct root. Keep looking for them!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Yeah ive been doubting the possibility because of the material... once i can get a higher quality picture of them ill post it one last time. I have pretty much figured they are strange shell pieces but the form and shape of a few of them appear to have a root and signs of enamel (i have a little tooth collection so i do have a good idea of fossil shark teeth) but these just have puzzled me 

But yeah the one that stumps be in just figuring that these are shells is the one in the top right because at least to me but i might just be seeing things looks like it has a root.

But on the subject i wanted to know do fossilized shark teeth fragment laterally?  

4 minutes ago, ImaTravesty said:

ut on the subject i wanted to know do fossilized shark teeth fragment laterally?  

Yes, they do. Some via feeding damage (as in this small meg), sometimes after death and during erosion (as in this Auriculatus/sokolovi) and sometimes the root is separated from the blade (none of these within arms reach but they do happen). I can see what your seeing, however it isn’t a sharks tooth. Nature plays tricks, I don’t know how many times I’ve been fooled into picking up rocks, leaves, and shells, but rather safe than sorry.

4660838B-C9B4-4D0B-9050-5EFC613FDA22.jpeg

6F746C0E-1E76-4A67-9528-E13F6EDA04AD.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Okay at least someone else does get what im seeing haha. Too bad though but i figured a bunch of tooth fragments by accident would be too good to be true. Probaly not much to do to id these as any particular shell types? Are these even fossils of any kind? thanks

I think they could be fossils, i myself would completely unscientifically think so. 

But no way of telling what they are from, exactly.  :)

Which really doesn't matter if you like them. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png