Attention TFF members! I'm posting this to bring you an extremely important announcement! (For Me) For the past few months, I have been posting topics regarding Ottawa fossils and the Trilobite Pseudogygites latimarginatus. I have been doing this for research and information for my grade 8 science fair project. This experiment involved the relationship between Ordovician sedimentation and the average lengths of Pseudogygites latimarginatus. The title was, "The impact of Environment on the Biodiversity of Pseudogygites latimarginatus." Though, other possible titles included, "Another one Trilo-Bites the Dust," "Trilo-Bite Sized Science," "Don't Trilo-Bite the Hand that Feeds You," and "Trilo-Bite Me!" Last week, I fully assembled the presentation board and all other related displays. I presented my project to three judges (including professors and students from Carleton University) in addition to many other people who passed by. The following day, my school held an assembly which would announce the top 5 winners of the grade 8 science fair. After much delay and suspense on my part, it was announced that I had won first place in my grade! This means that I will get the opportunity to compete in the Ontario regional science fair this April! It turns out that one of the reasons why I won first place was because the teachers who were doing research on my project's nature (name pronunciation) stumbled upon my many posts on this website! I will continue to make posts on the forum. I think that I should give acknowledgement to all the TFF members who helped me achieve my goal, or contributed in any way! This includes all the people who helped identify my mystery fossils and gave fossil hunting advice and locations during these past few months. These are in no particular order. Thank you all!

Acknowledgements:

Kane

Ludwiga

Tidgy's Dad

Fossildude19

WhodamanHD

Manticocerasman

Rockwood

Auspex

ynot

abyssunder

Arizona Chris

erose

Herb

old bones

snolly50

fossilDAWG

caldigger

Max-fossils

Bobby Rico

RyanDye

• I found this Informative 5

Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1:

This is a well-deserved honour for the work you have put into your project, and I hope it is just the beginning of even greater things to come as you proceed on this fantastic journey of scientific discovery and inquiry.

All the very best to you as you go on to the regional level. The real win, of course, is the discovery process itself - and any further recognition is just icing on the cake (or the trilobite cookie :P ). 

A hearty congratulations again from an old Ottawa native. :yay-smiley-1: 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Outstanding!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Whoo hoo! Way to go!!!!  

Now go for the big win in Ontario.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Recently my mother brought up the science fair during a conversation with one of her friends. She asked her friend whether or not she could have predicted that I would win. When she said yes, my mother asked her why. Her only response was, "He had fossils!" 

Absolutely fantastic well done indeed. I also found your titles really funny too. Congratulations 

:yay-smiley-1::trilowalk:

Well done, lad! 

Congratulations!.  :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations!  And best wishes for your success in the regional event.

8 hours ago, ynot said:

Congratulations!:thumbsu:

Do You have any pictures?

Yes! I have many pictures! I'll be sure to post some in the next few days! I hope you'll enjoy!

WELL-DONE-60133.gif.f1fd5354ccf34a4c3e2812d58f13a1b5.gif              TFF-Great-Work-magnifier.gif.834470300cdbc097efe4fd42b445dd7c.gif

WELL-DONE-50.gif.a6cd6ba4d73fde2a2917c43bfc4312c3.gif  

Congratulations-verts.gif.62046dfc4c3858d2630fe0344d8c22f3.gif   

I'm happy that all your hard work and study has been recognized! WELL DONE !

Good fortune to you as you move on to the next level.  :trilowalk:

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

1 minute ago, JohnBrewer said:

:yay-smiley-1:well done!

what age is 8th grade for us non Americans?

About 13 (and the OP is Canadian, not American :P ). 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

On 16/03/2018 at 8:30 PM, Kane said:

(and the OP is Canadian, not American :P )

Oh, I thought America(s) was a continent that included The USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and many more :rofl: